Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Looks like you have scored another good one. You gonna have to do a detailed apples to apples comparison of the condition of both and an honest assessment of what it will take to get each car to where you would like it. That should help make your decision a little easier. All things being equal, I would go with the hardtop for sure.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Decisions Decisions.....Some leverage points to sell off and fund your build or builds!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Just picked this up 1957 post from a super nice guy
The car was pretty special in it day and was a racer and in several local shows
I was glad to find it and just gave it its first bath since 1993.
SBC
4 speed
Some rust but very much a great find

View attachment 327350
Hot Rod magazine June issue 1984 built and gave away a red '57 210 post that the engine compartment and chassis were all painted red. The hood bar and extensions were also painted red. Maybe the owner made his look like the one from the magazine....or maybe it is the one from the magazine.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My dad had a 2 door hardtop. It was a fuel injection from the factory. He said after a year or so he took fuel injection off because no one could keep it adjusted. His car was blue. Pressure washed the hardtop today and found blue paint.
My dad checked it out and just smiled. He is 70 and said can’t wait for that first ride.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
8,477 Posts
Nice project! I would restore it back to what it was link in 93 rather than like it was in 57. I really dig that, a massive cleaning project for certain, but cool!

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
8,477 Posts
I have been cleaning on hardtop
Looks like car may have been yellow with white too then painted turquoise
That's what mine was. Coronado Yellow with white roof then painted turquoise over the yellow..... then rattle can primer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The hardtop has the better body but the post rust issues are easily fixed with panels

Hardtop engine has moisture from being wrapped in plastic and will need rebuild

Post engine should start 350 double hump heads

Hardtop automatic
Post 4 speed

Both has positive and negatives

My dad had hardtop I am leaning that way

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
The hardtop will be worth more when it's done, but I like the sedan more myself. I'd probably sell the hardtop, but keep all the extra goodies from it.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts