Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1956 Belair Sedan, Resto-Mod, Many Upgrades
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I know I am not the only one who is replacing all the flat glass in my redo...so I ordered the Door and Quarter glass channels along with the setting rubber kit.
Ordered from Eckler's...

Got everything and when I compared my quarter glass corroded frames to the new frames...the new ones do not come with the small channel for the roller to roll in letting you raise or lower the glass! Whats with that? I looked in the box and there wasn't anything that tells you to cut the old channels off with a cold chisel...because you really WILL NEED THEM! Pretty lame...

When I am able to later today...I will post the picture of the "replacement" channel that is incomplete as shipped. For guys who do not compare things...this could cost you some real heartache if you have your glass set in the channel and try to install it in your car. NO CAN HOOKEY UP!!!

I hope someone at Eckler's see"s this and looks into this!

:blowtiedb:

·
Registered
1956 Belair Sedan, Resto-Mod, Many Upgrades
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Quarter Glass Channel Missing Small Channel (Repro)

Folk's here are the pictures of the New Channel that you will receive without the lower small channel that the regulator arm roller moves in to raise or lower the window...you have to take a chisel and cut the oblong spot welds to remove it. You will need to grind the weld off too. You will need this channel so be careful with your hammer! I will do a photo workup tomorrow of the process.

The first picture is the old quarter window channel with the spot welded small channel attached...

The next picture is the small channel attached to the "New Channel" with 8-24 button head screws. Its a pain to figure out what they are tapped for but mine were 8-24 screws. You need to just cut or grind off the back of the screw where it sticks through if too long...so you don't scratch stuff or fight it to get it in. Would have been nice if they sold this with the small channel attached like the original! and spot welded. You may have to remove the screws on one end in order to get the roller in the channel...then replace the two screws?

Plywood Wood Table Magenta Longboard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.