Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a company that sells metal buildings that will give you a quote online. With out needing to call you. The ones I have seen all want to call you after filling out the quote. I can't get calls and I just really want a estimate on what a shop will cost.

Basically I am looking at building a 60x40 or larger metal building and wanted a quick quote to find something in my budget.

Also anyone have pictures or links to your threads of a larger metal building used for your shop?

Mueller emailed me back a quote. Not to bad price wise.

I am not even sure on size or layout. I need alot of space. I also not sure were to put the doors either. Not really in any hurry just want it to be right and decent size.

That one you pictured Nick the red iron look little small? I guess I am just use to larger buildings.

But have you ever worked with or seen the Foam metal wrapped 2'' thick by 3ft wide by XX tall wall panels? My grandpa used some when he build a hangar. They insulate really well and are structural. I would like to use those for the walls but I have never found a place that sold them and could compare them to reg. sheet metal walls with fiberglass ins. To me its nice to do it all in one have a wall with insulation in it. Plus they are really strong.

NickP said:

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Anyone know of a company that sells metal buildings that will give you a quote online. With out needing to call you. The ones I have seen all want to call you after filling out the quote. I can't get calls and I just really want a estimate on what a shop will cost.

Basically I am looking at building a 60x40 or larger metal building and wanted a quick quote to find something in my budget.

Also anyone have pictures or links to your threads of a larger metal building used for your shop?

Mueller emailed me back a quote. Not to bad price wise.

I am not even sure on size or layout. I need alot of space. I also not sure were to put the doors either. Not really in any hurry just want it to be right and decent size.

That one you pictured Nick the red iron look little small? I guess I am just use to larger buildings.

But have you ever worked with or seen the Foam metal wrapped 2'' thick by 3ft wide by XX tall wall panels? My grandpa used some when he build a hangar. They insulate really well and are structural. I would like to use those for the walls but I have never found a place that sold them and could compare them to reg. sheet metal walls with fiberglass ins. To me its nice to do it all in one have a wall with insulation in it. Plus they are really strong.

Here ya go Scott! $23564.00 Shipped to your door.

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here ya go Scott! $23564.00 Shipped to your door.
Thanks Nick I like that layout. With the two doors on the side.

I finally got sketch up to download so I will play with it. Not sure were to put the overhang though.

Thanks for the link Otis I'll check them out as well.

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
Strong buildings

I worked at a metal building manufacter for 19 years. One of our buildings withstood a atom bomb test at Yucca Flats in 1955, It was seven miles drom ground zero and the only thing standing within 15 miles. The glass was gone and roof had a big dent. I also saw a picture of one of our buildins with a Grayhound Senicruiser balanced on the roof( put there by a tornado).Among the strongest available buildings are those built to Wisconsin snow load specs.`

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Seems to me if you can excavate for and pour a concrete slab, get electric to the building, install power and lighting, install heating and maybe air conditioning, install plumbing for a head, install foundation drains to a dry well, make connection to a septic system (if one present) if not, put one in (if installing a 3 piece sanitary system) , if doing all of that...seems you can go to a local building supply and purchase the roofing, siding, overhead doors and framing or work with a local Contractor. :confused0024:

What am I missing?

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Nick, what is the height of the building you quoted BO185. Do you ship to Colorado?
Sorry JT. Just got in from race. I think fifteen at the eave. I no longer work for the building folks but yes, they ship world wide.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
look for a metal mart . or find a local builder. what ever you do have it spray foamed or it will rain inside . my 40x60 was 11,500 but that was 15 years ago .

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
In many businesses a salesperson can give you a better than advertised price, as well as answer your questions and make recommendations.

I can't tell you how many times talking to a vendor steered me to the right product for less than the advertised price. At least that's true for aftermarket car parts vendors, like Keisler, Auto City Glass, East Coast Chevy, and CPP.

Most phone sales people are motivated by commission and have some flexibility with pricing.

And you'll always get the best price towards the end of the year, quarter, or to a lesser extent, month. Most companies and salespeople jump through hoops to close business in mid-late December.

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Pops, What's this about? Spam?

Looks like we're being trolled.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts