Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 57' convertilble is coming along. The new AM frame with LS3 motor is just about ready for powder coating. It has been waiting for this bad boy to do the final fit for the new firewall.

I hope to post pic's soon of the chassis.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
sounds like it's going to be a super car. is that a magnuson super charger? i'm anxious to see your chassis because i am also using an am in my 57 and always looking for fresh ideas. i got to hear an lsx 454 crate engine run last weekend at the lsx shootout near st. louis. chevy had one in an older camaro. really impressive sound. 620 h.p. with ls7 f.i. i have an ls2 for my 57 right now and have been thinking i may want a super charger but after hearing the 454 i think i'll have to have one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No,

I have a 6.2 l with hotter cam. It made 525 hp w/o the superchargers.
These LS motors can make alot of hp with very little mods.

·
Registered
510 Posts
i have a 6.2 with a chevy hot cam in my 61 belair. i love the ls engine. reminds me of my teenage years and L88s, zL1s etc. i just had to stretch much further back then if i could get close to buying one at all. now you can make more power with a much lighter and more dependable engine and get 20 mpg.

·
Registered
740 Posts
David, did you get the Maggy from Wegner? They are close to me and they build some awesome engines.

·
Registered
107 Posts
David,

Did you have the LS3 stroked with dished pistons for lower compression for the blower or are you using stock?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Frank,

I bought the whole set up from Wegner. They are great people to work with.

T,

It is a stock LS3 with a cam and duel springs, stronger connecting rods and ARP hardware.

David

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought I would update my 57' build that the supercharger will go on. The project is further along then the pictures show. The door, hood and trunk lid are all primed. We are removing all of the rusted areas and the floor should be welded in next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Frank,

I bought the whole set up from Wegner. They are great people to work with.

T,

It is a stock LS3 with a cam and duel springs, stronger connecting rods and ARP hardware.

David
Looks great. Will you be able to run very much boost, as the LS3 is already close to 11:1 compression?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Did some checking, seems the 2300 will add about 200 RWHP. My local dealer is installing and tuning for $6500.00. Seems like a good deal. May have to get one. You'll have to let us know how things work.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts