Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

This car was shipped from California earlier this year and is now mine:

Today I found this forum and it seemed like a good place to register at.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hey Jim welcome to the site! If you get time check out the following web-site (hocky.se) for another guy from Sweden with a bad "55. talk to ya soon!

Tom (55fazzi)

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Welcome

Hi Jim

Welcome to tri Five.
Im also from Sweden Gothenburg and i think you will have a lot of support from the nice people on this site.
I have also a 1955 Chevy that im trying to restore so it would be fun to see some pictures of the progress.

welcome

:)
Owe

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Welcome! Nice 55, I love it! Tell us a little more about it when you get a chance.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Welcome! I bet it's pretty rare to see a Tri-5 in Sweden!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thank you all!

The Chevy has 265 and PG. Brakes and interior had been taken care of by the seller before it left California. It had been parked for several years, don't know how many. I just did some service on the engine and recently listened to it for the first time - engine sounds great but something at the front of the PG makes a rattling noise even when standing still and transmission in neutral so I know I've got things to do in the garage during the winter.

My plan is to make it ready for the road until next summer but leave the exterior as it looks for a couple of years while saving money for a more thorough restoration. That means for now I'll work on the transmission, change all front end bushings, motor mounts, mount a dual exhaust and look over the electrics.

A couple of more pictures of the car can be found if you click on the link in my signature.

Some previous owner apparently liked making noise - look at the horns on the picture with the hood open! I know they are not supposed to be there, but they make me very happy every time I see and hear them so I'll keep them and really look forward to using them to scare people with. :D

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Hi Jim
Welcome to the Best TriFive site on the plannet. :) I can say that cause we have the greatest members on board, and now even better we have two Swedish friends that will allow us to see there aproach to hot rodding with Trifive. :D :) :D :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Steve.

Its a nice looking car you got Jim, and it looks like a very nice garage.

Are you in a carclub in Eskilstuna or just some freinds sharing garage?

:)

Owe
Haha, you should see my garage - I can't fully open the doors and the garage is only about 20 inches longer than the car! :D The pictures with the beautiful garage are from the seller's garage.

I'll post pictures from my garage when I get a new camera - my oldest son dropped our camera on a concrete floor and the camera didn't like that at all :confused: .

You'll laugh once you see how small my garage is - sure, I can squeeze myself in beside the Chevy but once in there I can't even lick my lips. :p

This is my house and by looking at the garage doors you get an idea of the size:

But I'm happy anyway - I am a Chevy -55 owner - what could be better?

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
It is nice to have a big garage, but unless you stay on top of it it gets cluttered up faster. The bigger it is the more stuff can be jammed in. We have amember from Germany who has a small garage and has managed to restore a 56 from it. "Chevystefan" He has a website listed if you look under members. Great guy!
Dave

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome to the best Tri-Five group on the internet, Jim ! Good to have you with us. Keep posting those photos. Always nice to follow someone's efforts restoring a classic tri-five. Take a look at the "Garage" feature here on the site. It's one of my favorites. A great spot to post your photos.

Steve

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Check the bolts or nuts holding the torque converter to the flexplate.
Dave
Thanks - I'll do that! It would be great if was something as simple as that, although it might be tricky to get to - being a beginner I have everything to learn. I'll let you know.

It is nice to have a big garage, but unless you stay on top of it it gets cluttered up faster. The bigger it is the more stuff can be jammed in. We have amember from Germany who has a small garage and has managed to restore a 56 from it. "Chevystefan" He has a website listed if you look under members. Great guy!
Dave
I've looked at Chevystefan's pictures and it is good to know it can be done even with very limited space. I really know about the jamming stuff in a garage thing. Before the Chevy arrived ours was packed with... everything. Things I had been saving for years not wanting to throw away when my wife asked me to suddenly had to go and I did it with a smile when the Chevy was moving in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.