Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New to the Board

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  19_Chevelle_69 
#1 ·
Hello,
My name is Dale and I'm addicted to Tri5 Chevys. I grew up in the sixties and have been in love with muscle cars ever since. I have been lurking on the board for a few days reading and looking at alot of pics and info and I have to say WOW, this is one great board. I have recently gave up being a heavy equipment mechanic to take a job were I can be home more, so I got the ole car out to restore it and make a sweet driver out of it. I have a family owned 57 4 dr since new (82,000 miles) that has been handed down a couple of times and now it is mine. It has the 283 powerpack with 3 speed. I kinda wish it was a 2 door, but I wasn't around in 57 to help make the choice. LOL. I got lucky and it will only need a small amount of body work before painting. I currently have it up on jack stands and it is all apart and I'm close to the urethane primer stage.

Dale

#2 ·
Welcome Dale! Dont kid yourself....4-door cars are quickly becoming hot ticket items. A 4-door '57 hard top with an Art Morrison chassis recently sold for over a hundred grand at Barrett Jackson. The car was beautiful! Good luck with the build. Good to have you on board!

Tom (55fazzi)

#7 ·
Welcome to the site. I like all trifives. I know a guy here in Texas that has a sweet 55 4dr. I mean it is super nice and he drives it everyday when the weather is not suppose to rain, which has not been a problem. Like I always say it dosent matter what kind Trifive you have, they don't make them anymore.

#13 ·
Thanks for the great welcome. I have to agree that it don't matter if it's a 2 or 4 door. When they were plentiful it kinda made a difference. They haven't made these cars in 50 yrs and as time goes by every one of them just goes up in value. The right paint and wheels makes either one look great in my book.

Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.