Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
RIP: 06-04-2012
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hope you all won't hold it against me...but I have another hot rod besides a Tri-Five. It's a Volvo 940 X-Turbo Wagon. The Volvo's cooling system failed and at first glance it took a head gasket with it. Rather than replace any or all of the Turbo motor I decided to do something interesting. I replaced the Volvo motor with a 2000 Ford 5.0 motor with an AOD transmission. On a chassis dyno and a chip change it puts out 220 hp with 282 foot pound of torque. There I confessed....please don't throw me out because I own a Ford powered car. Oh, on the chassis dyno my 327 powered Tri-Five wagon makes the same HP....but the old fashion way with a single 4 barrel, cam and headers. It's great being a "Car Guy".

Wedwagon

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
We need to take a vote, does he stay or does he go. On the one hand he's a trifive owner and a true car guy, on the other hand he used the F-word in this forum....it's a close call....okay, I vote ..... let him stay but he has to promise to clean up his language, this IS a family oriented site afterall! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Let him stay. that is untill he starts braggin on that offbrand lol
Don't feel bad I lived next to a guy with a Ford once

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Let him stay. that is untill he starts braggin on that offbrand lol
Don't feel bad I lived next to a guy with a Ford once

Oh no, another f-word user....this is getting out of control! :)

I sat in a frod once, it didn't fit!:D

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
F$#D, whoops, [email protected]#D .... geez, I can't seem to get it right, let me try again

Ef Oh Ar Dee, No! That's not right...

I give up, let's just not use the F-word at all, it'll be much easier for me!

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is Volvo 5.0 ok to use? Just checking...don't want to get voted off the forum you know. I do under stand it's a family forum and won't use the F word ever again.

Wedwagon

·
Registered
138 Posts
Diversity

Hey that's what makes this forum great! I'm sure all of us own cars other than tri 5's but yet we all come here to let it be known that the Tri 5 is what we are all the most passionate about.
I confess I have a few other cars as well; oldest first- 26 Buick 2dr coupe Rat Rod, 1957 VW bug oval window, 1957 Chevy 2 dr Belair Hardtop, 1965 VW Baja, 1965 VW Lowered street bug, 1970 VW Baja, 1990 Toyota Ext Cab 4x4, 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4, 2000 Corvette Hardtop (1 of 486), 2003 Chevy Avalanche Z71. I'm a friggin Insurance company's dream client!!
My passion is my 57 Chevy and always will be.

Dave Twin Blown 57:D

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Boy, you must have a really big box to put all of your toys in.

You are right, as a car guy I admire a lot of different cars, but when it's all said and done it's my 56 150 wagon that rots my socks. When I lived in Pasadena, CA, it was my only car....my everyday car. At the time I recruited physicians for one of the nations largest HMO's. I would pull my hot rod into a parking spot next to a Lexus and in a coat and tie amble off to the salt mines. Now the salt is on the roads and the hot rod won't be driven until next April. How sad it is......

Wedwagon

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Attachments are limited in size depending on file type. When you choose a file to attach and then upload it, you have to look at the area in the window where you say you want to choose the file and upload it -- it might tell you that the file is too large, no bells or sirens, just a simple little message.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts