Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded into my 55 a week ago last Sunday. I traded a finished 53 Coupe that I had restored from scratch. It was a hard decision after all that work. But the 55 is a very solid car. A 350 SBC and 350 trans had just been put in it. Along with a radiator, battery, alt, and dual exhaust. The rest of the car is original preserved 2 door post. The sheetmetal was Epoxy primered, and the inside has all original components. the inside shows its age, but is driveable. This summer, I'll drive it in the satin black and restore the interior as I go. I'll try to post pics often as I'll probably keep a record at Cardomain. I'll try to get used to this forum as I was on an H-Body forum all winter as I restored my (get this) 72 Vega hatchback.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I had to drive three hours to find a used windshield because I couldn't find a new one for under $550. I restored it for my daughter, something with good mileage but could look musclecar. I did Monte Carlo spindles/brakes, Monza rear end with S-10 axles, all new everything except not rebuilding engine and trans. electronic ign. etc. Slotted Mag wheels and split front bumper. My wife might not think she'd be good enough at driving to get used to an older car now. I think I agree, now I need to finish this car so I can sell it. This thing would be a neat V-8 car. It's hard to get back on since I just got my 55. I have a lot of small loose ends to tie up to be safe. This car is VERY solid and the body is original and straight. I'm going to run satin black this year. This car has new engine and trans, but I've found a lot not finished right.
1: stripped threads in new alternator
2: stripped threads, to long bolt in thermostat housing
3: no thermostat
4: broken fitting in new trans line (completely replaced whole line right)
5: no battery tie down
6: loose turn signal on column
7: starter rigged so bad nose cone would kindof work
8: fuel line was scary
9: fuel tank/sending need replaced (nothing right there)
10: speedometer needs replaced
11: distributor loose
12: throttle linkage was threaded rod (scary too)
Once this list is done, this thing will be a good driver. Everything else is tolerable. I'd like to post pics, the other forum let you post pics in your message. Is there any way to paste pics in here?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.