Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all just found and joined this forum today and it looks totally awesome. Well I guess I've been lost in the 60's and 70's the last 35 years and now I get to get lost in the 50's. Last friday I bought a 55 Belair HT off of Evil-bay and it looks like this site is just the ticket for restoring the old girl. Currently my cars consist of a 68 Camaro propeled by a 427, a 73 Z28 RS, 68 'forgive me' Javelin powered by a 455 Buick motor breathing nos. tubbed with a 4 link and one of those little plastic cars 86 Fiero GT don't know if that needs a forgive me or not, and last but not least the 55 and more British motorcycles than one person should legally have. I think I have most of the tools to do the job just lack the knowhow to do the body, well thanks for listening and please forgive my lack of computor and spelling skills. Mark

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Welcome to trifive, I know you will make lots of friends here and get all the technical advice you ask for

Otis

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mark... Thank God they don't kick people off message boards for bad spelling cause I wood bee a vary loanly purson!!! When the heck are you going to find the time for the 55 with all those other projects!! I have a 73 type LT RS camaro too! Had one of them plastic cars as well... an Iron Duke 2.5 version. Fun car. Got a 461 BBC sittin the the garage just waitin for a project. At least you will feel welcome here. I think everyone has at least 2 projects going! Welcome.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for the welcomes, yea everyone of those darn cars and bikes are projects. Heres a crying shame for you and I'am ashamed to tell this story but my first was a 57 Belair HT my buddy and I bought in 67. We were 16 and not an ounce of mech. ability between us, we soon became discouraged and the car sat in the garage. Well along came my brother-inlaw and he runs a 56 chevy around the dirt oval and he wants to buy it so $100.0 in our pockets and there it goes down the road and around the dirt oval but that was one solid 57. The Z28 came from s. Carolina sat in the owners yard for ten years it needs work but it runs down the road and its a #s matching 4 spd car fun to drive,again thanks for the welcome. Mark

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mark.... if you need parts or advice on the Z28... let me know. We actually have 2 and they are both type LT's. One is a race car we are turning into a Vintage SCCA Trans-am racer. We built it for the 2002 Grassroots Motorsports magazine Challenge. The other is a matching number street car. Go to www.nastyz28.com and join that group for your camaro. Nice bunch of folks there too. If you get a chance.. put your 57 HT story in the stories link on this board. A lot of people will feel you pain but enjoy reading about it...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Z28

Thanks for the advice there Ray-Jay I joined the Nasty site about 2 yrs. ago good site.Gen 2 cars look pretty mean set up like that. I came so close to buying a brand new 70 Z28 with the cross ram but I wimped out wish I would have got it.I've come so close to selling the Z several times but I keep talking myself out of it I'am running out of room I have three garages one being a 40X60 and there full with cars and motorcycles .thanks again. Mark

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well in the big garage my Mack dump and the backhoe (useing the later to plow snow in the winter) take up enough room but thats where the 68 Camaro and Javelin reside + 4 motorcyles and my car lift .With all that in there it seems like I'am always walking around something and thats where the 55's going to sit when I pick her up Sat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.