Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. In the summer of 1999, I went to Super Chevy event at Martin, MI. While Iv'e wanted a Nomad for longer than I can remember, They have eluded me either from lack of time or money untill that summer. While strolling through the swap meet area I came upon a 1956 Nomad shell on a trailer. It was only half of the deal. Included with it was a second 1956 Nomad he had at home. He said the one on the trailer looked better because it had the glass in it. That was about the only thing that was installed. However the deal did come with two engines and trans. Also there must have been 100 boxes of parts. You talk about a jigsaw puzzle. I have the one thats my profile picture on the road, but wihtout the interior. That is my current project. Thanks for reading, Dan.

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi dan and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. looks like a cool nomad. :cool:

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Welcome aboard!!:sign0016:

Love the Nomads.

Glad you found us:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome from the Pacific NW, nice looking Nomad, do you belong to the Chevy Nomad Club?
If not google them out at chevynomadclub.com.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Welcome to tri-five Dan, you cant go wrong with a nomad and 56 is just about my favorite tri- five. If done right your money should be well invested there.

·
Senior Member 1 Silver Star Chat Room Moderator
1,418 Posts
Welcome from Colorado, USA

Dan,

:sign0016: to the bowtie-trifive group. Glad you were able to strike the deal on two Nomads. Nice that you have one on the road. What is the plan for the other one?

·
Registered
122 Posts
WELCOME, BEEHAPPY!

Congratulations on taking the steps to realize your dreams with the '56 Nomad. I'm working on a '56 sedan and find this site very helpful.:tu

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to all for the welcomes. My plans are to get the first one all together and drive it while I do a total restore on the second one. The first one has had rust repair done prior to my purchase. It was nicely done and won't effect anything, but the second one is 100% rust free and the one I'd like to keep in the end. Not that I would'nt like to keep both, but I have 4 old cars on the road (sorry I can't mention 3 of them in this forum) and sometimes it seems like I'm allways working on them and not driving them like should be. Once again, thanks for the welcomes. Dan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.