Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, time for a new vehicle, and I can't find one that meets my criteria. I've been driving a F-150 for 10 years. It's been a good truck, but things are starting to happen with it. I'm looking for a 2014 new car or truck , American brand name,that gets significantly better gas mileage than I get now (14-15 mpg city). I prefer a truck, but might settle for a car. Mustang 5.0 looks good, but only gets 15 mpg city.For me, these new hybrids just don't have that WOW factor. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks, David

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I hear Ford's coming out with a CNG F150 next year.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Have you seen the ford rapture? (Truck) Looks good. Its different.:anim_25: bowtie-trifive :gba:

·
Registered
37,219 Posts
A new F150 or GM truck will give you a small boost in mileage compared to your old one. And both are nice trucks.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Well if you buy a new truck, there are a whole lot more 10 year old Chevys on the road than 10 year old Fords. Chevy has a better warranty and Used Chevys are worth more. The Chevy Equinox is a pretty nice ride also, with good fuel economy.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
mustang 5.0 get 15 in the city. lol. weak sauce. no wonder i love those cars. as far as buying a new car. i like my 55, rebuildable and runs like a bat out of hell to the next gas station. yeah, raptors look pretty cool, got some good numbers for hp. are you a ford man or a chevy man?

yeah, used chevy's are worth more...especially 55's through 57's, lol.

·
LS Tech and Moderator
10,999 Posts
I don't like RAMS, but the new 2014 RAM diesel is rated around 25mpg hwy and 20mpg city. There V6 is rated high as well and is 300hp or so. It would be cheap initial and operation cost.

Do not get an ecoboost F150 my buddy just got his lemon law'ed. One of the first in the country for the acceleration problems when in certain conditions.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I have been looking at the new 2014 chevy trucks. They have made a lot of changes to them i like them much better than i have in years now i am glad i did not buy a 2013 model because the 14 is much better. Thats why i am still driving the same one i bought new back in 01. I am waiting on the 6.2 liter 2014 to hit the dealerships 5.3 is as big as they have in stock in a gas burner. As far as new cars i like the Dodge Challenger i test drove this year with the big Hemi i was impressed. Of course the new dodge trucks aren't bad either. Myself i would not even consider a new ford anything.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
OK, time for a new vehicle, and I can't find one that meets my criteria. I've been driving a F-150 for 10 years. It's been a good truck, but things are starting to happen with it. I'm looking for a 2014 new car or truck , American brand name,that gets significantly better gas mileage than I get now (14-15 mpg city). I prefer a truck, but might settle for a car. Mustang 5.0 looks good, but only gets 15 mpg city.For me, these new hybrids just don't have that WOW factor. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks, David
We bought a new Camaro....has stripes along the fenders and hood....v6, 300HP and it's all you need. YOu have to watch it, as you'll be going faster than you thought...cruising at 96 mph...:sign0020: Makes you have a lead foot....23-28 MPG....pretty sweet.:anim_25:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
mustang 5.0 get 15 in the city. lol. weak sauce. no wonder i love those cars. as far as buying a new car. i like my 55, rebuildable and runs like a bat out of hell to the next gas station. yeah, raptors look pretty cool, got some good numbers for hp. are you a ford man or a chevy man?

yeah, used chevy's are worth more...especially 55's through 57's, lol.
OH...wow...a Trifive forum advocating F-rds and Mopars....I'm a Chevy man...I do have a F_rd truck 4x4, but in a car....Chevy, all the way...:flag6::blowtiedb:

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
OH...wow...a Trifive forum advocating F-rds and Mopars....I'm a Chevy man...I do have a F_rd truck 4x4, but in a car....Chevy, all the way...:flag6::blowtiedb:
You left out Toyota. :sign0020: bowtie-trifive :gba:

·
Registered
172 Posts
You can't really beat the new Rams, they've absolutely gone for the jugular. The Heavy Duty is getting some great stuff for '14 (link-coil rear suspension for 2500, the 2500 is also getting the same frame/front suspension the '13 3500 got, air suspension, 6.4 Hemi, the list goes on) and the '14 1500 is getting the 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel rated around 240hp/460ft-lbs torque, minimum rating on that will be 28mpg highway, if not more. Backed by the Torqueflite8 8 speed auto, and optional air suspension...awesome.

It also has the Pentastar V6 rated at 25mpg, backed by the same Torqueflite8 as the diesel, I believe the 5.7 Hemi/8 speed is rated about 22mpg as well.

That, coupled with hands down the best interior on the market, can't go wrong.

·
Registered
67,683 Posts
have a 2004 ram, with a hemi. luv this truck. :tu

·
Registered
283 Posts
I agree!

We bought a new Camaro....has stripes along the fenders and hood....v6, 300HP and it's all you need. YOu have to watch it, as you'll be going faster than you thought...cruising at 96 mph...:sign0020: Makes you have a lead foot....23-28 MPG....pretty sweet.:anim_25:
Camaro's are hard to beat. Then again I drive an 2010 F150 I'm happy with.

John

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I don't like RAMS, but the new 2014 RAM diesel is rated around 25mpg hwy and 20mpg city. There V6 is rated high as well and is 300hp or so. It would be cheap initial and operation cost.

Do not get an ecoboost F150 my buddy just got his lemon law'ed. One of the first in the country for the acceleration problems when in certain conditions.
This is mthe first I have heard of these problem. For some strage reason I have a disporportant number of friends who drive the blue oval and they brag these up all the time.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts