Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
Here's a new wheel we have coming out in DEC called Thrashstar.
We showed the wheel at Sema with great response.
Sizes are 17x7 @ 4.25" -4.5" backspace & 17x8 @ 4.5" - 4.75" backspace.
Construction is one piece cast with GOLD BLACK or SILVER centers.
Pricing looks to be under $200 ea. What are your thoughts on this wheel?
Regards, Chris

Thrashstar 17 inch

CAD silver

CAD black

CAD gold

·
Administrator
9,086 Posts
I like the sirver center ones, don't care for the gold center buts thats just me.

Can you get them in 15 or 16 inch

Otis

·
Registered
41 Posts
they are nice but 17 is to big need to offer 15 ,16

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
They will look good on somebody else's car but they are too Hi-Teck/big for my old school ride... Later, Dave

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree with Belair Dave.

Unless it's a show car and you want the 20-somethings to like it "cause you can see the brakes[ Edited by admin.]", it's too large and the spokes are too narrow for a tri-five.

As I always say, it's all about the proportions!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I think they are a good looking wheel ,,, I don't recall him pushing them as a trifive wheel, he just asked what we thought of the wheels...

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Those are great looking wheels. I like the silver and black centers - not too keen on the gold.

Ray

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
All a matter of perspective guys. Personally, I like them, even on a Tri-5. I will say that I doubt you'll have too many takers on the gold centers...that seems to be more of an import trend than a domestic, old iron one (I don't even recall too many pro-touring rods running gold centers).

Thought about a metallic gray center?

Nice wheels though :)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Might look good on a lowered 80's 1/2 ton pick-up but can't see them on a trifive....IMO........:bowtieb:
I kind of agree, I have an 85 SWB, that I'm painting back the factory gold. Those would be different and would standout. What color gold is that? Is it paint, powder coat? I'm not crazy about the gold just curious.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All a matter of perspective guys. Personally, I like them, even on a Tri-5. I will say that I doubt you'll have too many takers on the gold centers...that seems to be more of an import trend than a domestic, old iron one (I don't even recall too many pro-touring rods running gold centers).

Thought about a metallic gray center?

Nice wheels though :)
Hi, thanks for the feedback. The GOLD finish is an interesting point.
This finish is coming to the States however it was created for the Australian market.
Gold centers gained popularity on just about every color classic downunder thanks to the now closed simmons wheel co.

Gray centers would look killer - we'll look at that after the 3 initial colors roll out - Regds, Chris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts