Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals. I need to replace my parking lights on my 56 Sedan Delivery and when I started to remove them I couldn't see how to do it. Rather than removing all the various trim pieces I thought I'd try to get some help from someone that has done this. HELP!!!

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,399 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only need to replace the Chrome Bezel but they only seem to sell it as an assembly including the lamp, wiring, mounting bracket, etc.

Thanks for the link I will take a look at it.

·
Registered
66,326 Posts
:hello: hi wm and welcome. good to have you here. have only seen them include when you buy the whole housing assembly (like you said). try the classifieds here and even ebay. :anim_25:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:) Bill are you wanting to replace the part that holds the light and plastic facing or the part that piece attaches to? Or both?

Don, aka.....the hamsman

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only want to replace the chrome trim bezel, but they don't seem to let you do that. As I mentioned above, they only thing seems to be the whole parking/Turn indicator assembly. which is about $160.00. It's probably not a bad idea to change everything, but what I have works, the chrome just looks like crap.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:) Bill to remove the part in question there are four (4) screws that you will have to get to from inside the fender as kinda shown on POPS site he directed you to. You might be able to have them rechromed, take them to a plating shop and see what they say and how much?
I have a pair with the backing bezels but are not really show quality for sale if nothing else works?
Let me know?

Don, aka.....the hamsman

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,399 Posts
Bill....Things sure do get pricey with these rides....If you don't need show quality right now.....Getting a set from one of the members like Don may be a good option for you.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:
hamsman any pictures and how much you asking?
:)tbone, just sent you an email with photo.

Asking $100.00 for the parking light housing pair and $75.00 for the back plates pair. Or $150.00 for everything plus shipping.

Don, aka.....the hamsman

1 - 11 of 11 Posts