Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
55’ Pontiac station wagon Chevy 350/350
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy from Julian,CA
After years of searching for a Chevy wagon for my wife😉, I recently stumbled upon a 55’ Pontiac Chieftain station wagon. Wasn’t ideally what I had been looking for but hell it looks pretty damn similar and the price was in my range! it also came with a 350sb already installed. Stoked! The body is 98% straight but the front and rear foot wells were trashed. Got the floors all cut out. Now it’s at my friends shop awaiting breaks. My dad and mom is attempting to redo the seats n door panels DIY style. My friend and I will be welding in new floors after the breaks are hooked up. The car has a ways to go, but we are excited to get it rolling soon!
glad to be apart of the forum! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
Chattanooga TN
5,643 Posts
Hello and welcome to trifive.com.
Great looking wagon!
For what its worth, most of the sheet metal, doors and tailgate and hatch are all the same for a chevy and a pontiac from the firewall back. The front end sheet metal is longer on the Pontiacs.

Double check my math on that before you buy anything.

I think you can use the same floor pan too.
They reproduce the full floor for a 55-57 chevy wagon now.

More pics when you can. 👍

Reactions: 58-GMC

·
Registered
55’ Pontiac station wagon Chevy 350/350
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes! Really excited for the red, white,& blue combo. Redoing all the interior red and white. Going to leave the exterior patina and use some sort of linseed oil to make it pop. Going to rock that for now. Maybe later down the road I’ll paint her.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.