Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, thanks to those that help guide my first purchase. I thought I'd share the story of the day I picked up my 55...
Found the car about 300 miles away. Decided to buy a builder so I can do it "my way.." Had a buddy that was local check the car out to save me a trip. Gave it a thumbs up, so I set my plans in motion. Was going to leave at 0500 monday AM. Worked sunday night, so I got the trailer all ready to go sunday before work. At midnight I get home and hook up the trailer. Time to get some shut eye...Walking away from the truck, ah what's that HISSING sound? Crap, flat tire on the truck...It's BAD...Found this stuck in the tire....

DANG...Must have been there 30 years. I've mowed that spot for 11 years, never saw it... Well, guess I'm getting 4 new tires in the morning...Ok, I can leave by 0900. Little late, but doable...
0630 - change tire, head to tire shop at 0730. Get 3 miles from house...Oh crud, left the cash...Go BACk and get cash, head back to tire shop (about 10 miles. Get to the exit and the wife calls...She's TOTALLY freaked out. My horse has hurt herself AGAIN, and she's bleeding bad. U-turn, get to house as quick as possible..Called vet and neighbor for help. Get there and the horse has run into something. Vet think she impaled herself on a T-post, but we can't find one thats got blood on it. Vet say the wound goes in about 10 INCHES. Just missed her heart...SO he sews her up and gives her enough antibiotics to kill anything....(he's GREAT vet)...Anyway, she's gonna have a new scar now....

She's a trooper. Doing good today.
SOOOOO, I leave for the tire shop. figure, heck I need tires now. Was going to wait til after road trip (and payday)...But, its gotta be now. So Discount Tire tales GREAt care and I get a nice new set of Michelin's for the duramax...
Finally truck is ready and it's NOON...The drive is 5 1/2 hours each way...I figure ****, what ELSE could go wrong? So I tempted fate..Or was I just stubborn...(wife would say the later)..I take off for Houston. Rest of trip is smooth sailing. Truck / trailer do perfect. Car pick up goes smooth and at exactly midnight I pull into my drive with this....

Nice morning, enjoying the coffee , looking at rotisserie plans, wife calls after leaving for work...Hey, one of the cows is not with the herd...Oh, great, here we go again...So I starting looking and find her, she was a busy and wanted some privacy.He's about 2 hours old, guess we should call him BelAire...

I think today is going to be better....
THANKS everyone. Now if I just didn't have to work for a living, this old car would be easier to get finished.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Nice '55.

Your sunday sounds like my saturday. NOTHING......... went right. :eek:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Great Story!

Man, you weathered that storm! Your car is beautiful! New car, new calf, drugged up horse---what a day! Thanks for sharing the story with us.:tu JIM.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Glad your critters are okay... Cool looking 55 too... Windows steamed up like two teenagers at the drive-in movies:D Later, Dave

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. It was a heck of a day. I'm real tore up about my horse. She just got better from her last "injury"...Just started riding her again abot 2 weeks ago. She's accident prone.
Today actually got better. I went by the tax office to transfer the title on the 55 and the 48 Truck I bought last week...I walked into the office, right up to the window, met the nicest lady and she handled both transactions in about 15 minutes. No lines, no waiting, no problems with the paperwork...Dang, I gotta buy a lottery ticket this week!
Only bad news is the vet bill and the tire bill left me a little short. So the rotisserie is gonna have to wait a few weeks...

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
You Texans sure have funny ways of explainin stuff. Nice car!

:sign0020:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Now THAT people - is the difference between 'flapping your gums' and actually getting on and doing it.

Fair dos to you fella, Nice Chevy - well hard horse ( albeit a bit nutty) and a wife that counts cows - Kudos

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Stories like this..

only go to further the premise that "Murphy is alive and well"!!!:D:party0031::sign0020:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts