Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first car was handed down by my father. It was a 1955 150 2dr post, blue with red wheels & no hubcaps. Not sure why he painted the wheels red on a blue car. It was a 265 4 barrel, 3 speed overdrive, with a 3:70 posi-traction rear. I loved driving that car at 16 years old and didn't mind that it only had am radio. That car had well over 200K miles on it and had several engines throughout the years. Dad had welded many patches on the floor. That car was so rusty that when you took a hard hairpin fast turn the body would clunk on the frame. As a 16 year old, I pushed that 55 to her limits many times. Dad refreshed the 265 some months before he gave it to me. That car would go 100MPH in 2nd gear overdrive screaming before floating the valves. With no seat belts or air bags I am lucky to be alive today. Man I miss that great first car! My 2nd 55 was a 210 post. I used that car in our wedding and drag raced it some. I sold that car to get a 55 Handyman wagon to carry the kids in. I traded that wagon for the 1956 Chevy short bed 3100 I have today. That truck has a 1964 283 with vortec#12558060 heads, 600 Holley, 4 speed, 9 inch Ford rear. I don't use it much,cost of gas, and am thinking about putting the 265 back in it. You can't beat the 265 for gas mileage and fun. I look forward to using this site and getting expert advice.

·
Premium Member
10,927 Posts
Welcome to Tri-Five. I really enjoyed reading your intro, and your experience with your first 55. We're glad to have you as a member of the forum.

·
Registered
67,738 Posts
:hello: hi newt and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. ........... hint :pics-1:

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Welcome

:bowtieb:

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
:sign0016: tobowtie-trifive

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Hello :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive :shakehands:

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
7,800 Posts
:ciao:Hi there and :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive from New Zealand :n_z: :shakehands:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.