Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I dove in and removed the solid motor mounts and put in some energy suspension mounts. also put in a new aluminum waterpump . I finally got to the heater and got it hooked up with my homemade new heater core. I have the elcheapo heater and no one makes a relacement core so I got one (new) that was close in size and reconfigured it to work in the stock box . I also repaired the defroster cable assy . now I have heat and defrost and it works great . lastly I made new door seals for the vents out of 3/32" silicone sheet. went for a crusie today and the vents dont leak air and the heater was HOT!!. The more I do to this car the more I love it. I think I will drive it to work on monday, 26 miles each way . looking forward to it. :):bowtieb::bowtier::cool::rolleyes:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,893 Posts
HRD.....Need to make new seals for my vents as well....Haven't seen any replacement vent seals in the aftermarket catalogs.....Where did you get the silicone material from?

·
Premium Member
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there are seal kits on ebay , but I was too cheap to buy them . I had the 3/32" silicone sheet left over from another project. I think I got it from mcmaster-carr. mcmaster.com you will also need some 3/16" rivets and backup washers to put them back together . the vent seal kit on ebay is item # 250708350836. good luck :wavey:

68,758 Posts
sounds like you got alot done, nice going hotrod. :five: .....:stupido2: what did you do after lunch? :winking0070:

·
Registered
268 Posts
It really is a great feeling to make repairs and especially upgrades. Enjoy it in the winter now! :congrats: Im going to tackle disc brakes and sway bar this winter.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Heat? Why would you need heat in a California car. It was 70 degrees there when I drove through last week, and it was -20 when I got home to Canada

·
Premium Member
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This morning when i got up it was 24 degrees and the high for today is 46. I live in the mountains and we had snow last week:y::eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts