Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to make the trip to So Cal again for the NHRA finals. Might even go by the CPP mother ship, have not seen the new place. Really need to go by Corvette Mikes to see what is new. I better stay another day.

I live in central Kalifornia and takes me about 4 hours with one stop. If you have not been you got to go. The final race of the year and always good weather, suppose to be 75-80 every day.

Grand Marshall the Snake and Mongoose. Want to see the Jim Dunn tribute Moon Eyes paint scheme on his Nitro Funny Car, and always the vintage race car show.

You can watch it on ESPN2 but really not the same, can't smell the NITRO.bowtie-trifive:flag6:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have put this on from the start. www.NHRA.com

I also see that the NHRA National Museum is open FREE all weekend. A must on any car guy bucket list! :bowtieb: :bowtier: :blowtiedb: bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
690 Posts
The NHRA lost me when they went to 1000ft, just like Nascar lost me when they went to the "car of tomorrow". I found out I didn't miss them that much and haven't gone back. However, I would love to go to Pomona and the museum. I wish the Snake and Mongoose movie was playing nationwide. I'm waiting for it to come to my town.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Wish I could be there but I would have one disappointed wife. Saturday is our 50th anniversary so I am going to be her slave boy and do or go where ever she wants. Have a great time.
Larry From Tulare, CA

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trust me I hear you on the 1000' for top fuel and Funny, but all the others are still 1320'. I spend about 50% of my time in the pits and that is all good still!!

I understand Larry. I will send pics upon my return so watch for the thread. And before you take the wife out set the DVR for ESPN 2.

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
Nothin' like it

At the big end as fulers and funny's pass by. First year at Heartland Ed McCollough and Bernie Federly came into the stands and sat beside my son and I between rounds.:congrats: Gary Ormsbe won the first final there, Joe Amato runner up. MuCollough was in the gold Miller car.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
AKA:

The John Force family and Don Schumacher show...Same story line, different date.:boring:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I own rwo drag Camaros and have not set foot on a NHRA track since my seat belts went out of date 6 years ago, I do not give a ^&*( about their pro classes because they are financed on the backs of the little guy.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I own rwo drag Camaros and have not set foot on a NHRA track since my seat belts went out of date 6 years ago, I do not give a ^&*( about their pro classes because they are financed on the backs of the little guy.
Get some new seat belts and get out of that Lazy Boy chair.

So you pretty much don't watch any racing or pro sports. :anim_25:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The John Force family and Don Schumacher show...Same story line, different date.:boring:
I agree and wish there was a 2 car limit but they sure are fun to see, and have taken it to a new level of tech and speed.

Cheap tickets compared to NASCAR,NFL and Baseball. I spent $65 for a good reserved seat. Oh, and full pit access. :bowtieb:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Get some new seat belts and get out of that Lazy Boy chair.

So you pretty much don't watch any racing or pro sports. :anim_25:
I do not need new seat belts, raced 3 weeks ago at an outlaw 1/8 mile track 6.70s @ 102 MPH. I used to watch NASCAR until Little Brain French screwed MWR, I have never cared for stick or ball stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts