Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how come it's gone? I was going to delete one of my post so it wouldn't have a duplicate but no more delete button.

·
Registered
887 Posts
It was taken away a few months ago. When the OP deleted his first post all the other post that were in the thread were also deleted. This caused a loss of some info that was useful so the powers to be deleted the delete function!

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
The reason was, when some posted a thread , then it had lots of post by members in the reply to post, It also deleted lots of member post also, then we got a lot of member asking why did you delete my post.

So if you want a post deleted just let me or one of the admins know and we will be happy to delete for you.

otis :)

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason was, when some posted a thread , then it had lots of post by members in the reply to post, It also deleted lots of member post also, then we got a lot of member asking why did you delete my post.

So if you want a post deleted just let me or one of the admins know and we will be happy to delete for you.

otis :)
Thanks for the update!

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
We should have the option to delete. I just posted two jokes -Getting a hairdryer through customs" and catholic hairdryer"
They are both the same joke. I can't delete or edit either of them out. So now I must either waste time writing who I don't know in the hopes they will read this before someone replys to... or let both of them ride, for what reason I am still not clear of. Deleting an entire post is not the same as deleting one reply, commet or insert.

As I should have been more careful, so should whoever deleted the "information" you discussed here. We should not all have to pay the price for one persons mistake. They happen!

Stanley

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,738 Posts
We should have the option to delete. I just posted two jokes -Getting a hairdryer through customs" and catholic hairdryer"
They are both the same joke. I can't delete or edit either of them out. So now I must either waste time writing who I don't know in the hopes they will read this before someone replys to... or let both of them ride, for what reason I am still not clear of. Deleting an entire post is not the same as deleting one reply, commet or insert.

As I should have been more careful, so should whoever deleted the "information" you discussed here. We should not all have to pay the price for one persons mistake. They happen!

Stanley
Stan....Deleted the duplicate hair dryer joke that had no replies for you.

·
Registered
649 Posts
New Nomad Site

So, what happened to Otis' Thread about a new Nomad Site?? Deleted?? Is it just me as I can't find it now?? Thanx

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Oh I wondered where that went also. Mike

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Not sure where it went, I don't see it now either. :dontknow:
I wonder why he did that.
It might mean he saw the light and changed his mind about creating the new site.
I hope he doesn't take offense to this but I hope so. I think it was a bad idea and feel pretty strongly about it.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
You would think it would be possible to program the site to be able to delete a post unless it was the very first post in the thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts