Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1956 Belair Sedan, Resto-Mod, Many Upgrades
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to change things up a bit as my transmission cooling lines were too close to my headers (Patriots) and heat is a major factor on transmission failure!
I have a 700R4 installed behind a 327...

I went with a remote cooler with a huge fan, bolted under the floor board behind the front passenger side. I have about 1 inch space between the core and the floorboard, and the cooler is tucked up out of site along the outside of the frame. The picture shows the basic install without the flex lines attached...but its all very nicly put together and my lines are away from all that heat. The fan will run all the time without a temp sensor or you can install one...mine is made by Big Dawg.

Product Electronics Fan Mechanical fan Aircraft engine

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I Like that. However does it hang below the rocker any?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Any concerns of overcooling with the fan running all the time?
What about it kicking up dust and rocks? Or rock damage to the cooler/fan?

I have thought of a similar install but the above concerns have kept me fro
doing it.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,608 Posts

doing it.
Johnny on mine the fan only runs when it get above 190, due to an inline temp switch. It is very rare as it cools enough from the air going by it at normal roadway speeds. The fan isn't strong enough to kick up rocks at all, and as far as dust is concerned I have never seen it blow any. The air coming through the cooler is very diffused and only moves a few inches past the cooler. Mine has been on for four years now and has no rock damage to it at all and I drive about 3,000 miles a year in it.

The August issue of Chevy High Performance has a article where they put one in a car, check it out.

·
Administrator
49,813 Posts

doing it.

Mine has been under the floor board since the last build of it. Works great there.

Terry

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Good idea Terry . Mike

·
Administrator
49,813 Posts
Just not sure if I'll have room under the floor.
If you use one the size like i used it doesn`t take up that much room.
Terry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.