Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished the complate rewire of my 56 post with the AAW wire kit. I have LED tail lights, led parking lights. and I have the ididit tilt column. I also installed the led flashers as recommended in the forum postings. Everything in the car works with the exception of the turn signals?? Hazard flashers work, tail & parking lights, and brake lights but...no turn signals? I changed fuses, etc. but no luck. Any suggestions from the experts out there?

·
Registered
957 Posts
It has to be the flasher or the wiring to or from the flasher.

The same wire(s) that work the brake lights work the turn signals in the rear. When you hit the brakes the juice comes from the brake light switch, when you operate the turn indicator the juice gets transferred from the brake light switch to from the flasher instead.

Plus, you say your 4-ways work so the bulbs are good.

This diagram is not for aftermarket wiring but the principal is the same.
http://home.comcast.net/~warpwr/images/56 light wiring.pdf

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
If it's a factory fit original wiring kit, make sure the yellow wire from the flasher is plugged into the purple wire in the steering column connector. If it's an AAW update kit make sure the purple wire from the fuse block is plugged into the purple wire in the column connector.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well as it turns out the purple wire evidently slipped out of the fuse block when I pushed in the flasher. Had to remove the fuse block and push the wire back in and then insert the flasher. All working now! Thanks for the suggestions and help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts