Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a commercial saying that the Show on Discovery Channel Fast-n-Loud will restore a Nomad for Dale Earnhardt Jr, Monday night a 9 pm

Otis :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Problem is is that discovery never shows the build. Seems like these new shows anymore focus on more of giving the car up after it was done. Used to like overhaulin with chip foose when they covered the full build. Now they get the car(don't even steal it anymore) and next thing you know they are giving it tomthe lucky person.

Pretty sure fast and loud will show getting the car, a few shots of what they are doing to car, some random nonsense and car buying and selling, and then it gets handed over to jr.

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Problem is is that discovery never shows the build. Seems like these new shows anymore focus on more of giving the car up after it was done. Used to like overhaulin with chip foose when they covered the full build. Now they get the car(don't even steal it anymore) and next thing you know they are giving it tomthe lucky person.

Pretty sure fast and loud will show getting the car, a few shots of what they are doing to car, some random nonsense and car buying and selling, and then it gets handed over to jr.
you have very valid point there, i wish i could build my entire car in a hour episode :sign0020:

Rick

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
:):tu Thanks for the heads up, Otis!

Happy Motoring,

Harry

·
Premium Member
13,626 Posts
Like Rick, I've seen the commercial a few times, and the Nomad does look really good. They only give a quick shot of it though, and will have to see more of it to get a better feel of it.
Sure hoping that they show more of the build and less of the shenanigans. I like Richards style, but get annoyed sometimes with his showmanship.

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Like he couldn't afford to have it redone himself. Why don't they pick some poor slob who is struggling with their build and help him. TV ratings is the answer I guess.

·
Registered
37,259 Posts
Now they get the car(don't even steal it anymore) and next thing you know they are giving it tomthe lucky person.
On Gas Monkey, they don't give anything away. The screwed buyer gets some short cutted POS car, then Richard gets drunk and buys another "bargain". I haven't seen every episode, but that's the usual script.

·
Registered
67,764 Posts
thanks Otis. :tu

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
On Gas Monday, they don't give anything away. The screwed buyer gets some short cutted POS car, then Richard gets drunk and buys another "bargain". I haven't seen every episode, but that's the usual script.
:dito: :sign0020: :sign0020:

but yet i still find myself watching it every week...:dontknow:

Rick

·
Registered
535 Posts
Will he join?

Maybe Jr. will join our Tri-Five forum. I know the Nascar commentator "Rutledge" has a Roadmaster and belongs to one of the wagon forums.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Like he couldn't afford to have it redone himself. Why don't they pick some poor slob who is struggling with their build and help him. TV ratings is the answer I guess.
...on the same page you are...

Not knocking Jr at all, actually looks like a very decent guy, but I'm sure that there are some very decent people out there struggling with their dreams, who could have also appreciated such an opportunity...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Just a TV trick to bring more potential viewers to the show. We all know or have an opinion of the Gas Monkey crew. And we all know Dale Jr. can buy 1000 Nomads if he wanted to. Watch it for what it is: entertainment.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
...on the same page you are...

Not knocking Jr at all, actually looks like a very decent guy, but I'm sure that there are some very decent people out there struggling with their dreams, who could have also appreciated such an opportunity...
For starters, Jr. is as solid of a man as they get. His fathers work ethic was implanted in him from long ago and his life has paralleled much of what Sr. was all about. I haven't ever met Jr. but I did meet Sr. and still think very highly of him as a man first and a racer last.

Mountain Dew is sponsoring this build and their money is what's pushing the build. I can attest to some of the talent there (GMG) as being pretty good. We must remember first and foremost, it's TV. Regardless of feelings toward what they build or are perceived to build, it's TV - RATINGS first, content last.

JMHO & 2

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
For starters, Jr. is as solid of a man as they get. His fathers work ethic was implanted in him from long ago and his life has paralleled much of what Sr. was all about. I haven't ever met Jr. but I did meet Sr. and still think very highly of him as a man first and a racer last.

Mountain Dew is sponsoring this build and their money is what's pushing the build. I can attest to some of the talent there (GMG) as being pretty good. We must remember first and foremost, it's TV. Regardless of feelings toward what they build or are perceived to build, it's TV - RATINGS first, content last.

JMHO & 2
Like I said, got nothing against Dale at all (mom and dad are both team Jr in a big way) just irks me when I keep seeing those that have, keep getting more, than those that don't...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts