Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The Nomads came with painted interior garnish molding, but were you able to get them chrome as an option from the dealer?
Dan
Depends on where this moldings are located. The windshield should be chrome as well as the upper moldings. The cargo should be stainless steel. The inside door panel trim should be stainless also. Now, I can't speak of the wagons, but I believe they are painted on the whole interior. I think.( this is my disclaimer cause I've been known to be wrong at times):sign0020:

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
12,463 Posts
The garnish trim on the top of the door panel and the same trim in the back seat and all the way to the liftgate were all painted. Chrome was not an option from the dealer. The lower diecast part of the liftgate was also painted from the factory. That said. Many 2nd owners in the 60's started having these all chrome plated. So after 40 plus years a car located today with these chrome plated might look like it was originally done that way. It is not OEM correct.

FYI, If you have even had a car with this done, NEVER put any body part on the chrome surface on a hot sunny summer day........Wow!!! Learned that the hard way ONE time.

Mikey
55wagoncrazy

·
Administrator
70,795 Posts
The garnish trim on the top of the door panel and the same trim in the back seat and all the way to the liftgate were all painted. Chrome was not an option from the dealer. The lower diecast part of the liftgate was also painted from the factory. That said. Many 2nd owners in the 60's started having these all chrome plated. So after 40 plus years a car located today with these chrome plated might look like it was originally done that way. It is not OEM correct.

FYI, If you have even had a car with this done, NEVER put any body part on the chrome surface on a hot sunny summer day........Wow!!! Learned that the hard way ONE time.

Mikey
55wagoncrazy
You probably still have the burn marks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.