Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new interior for my '57 Nomad from CARSINC. The front door panels and headliner are installed and fit beautifully, But since my car came with a custom made interior I need help understanding a few installation procedures on a stock interior mainly around the cargo area such as:
1) What adhesive would be best on the wheel well covers?
2) What keeps the wheel well boards on besides the window trim and the
rear seat latch.
3) How do the above two pieces work into the rear windlace without staples
Showing?
4) Is there anything that attaches the rear of the rear seat panels to the
sides besides the folding seat latches?
Thanks for any advice anyone can give. I'm really excited about this new interior and just don't want to screw it up. Thanks again!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
49,940 Posts
1) What adhesive would be best on the wheel well covers?
Get some spray adhesive/contact cement. I use weldwood mad for landaeu tops in my shop. But i buy it in 5gal. buckets. A local upholstery shop should have or can get you some good spray glue for that.
Can`t help on #s 2-4,sorry.
Terry

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One question down, 3 to go. Thanks for you help on that one chevman!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Re: (2) and (4)
I have always seen those panels held with upholstery screws; the ones with the integrated washer. If you look along the top of the wheel-well there should be a few screw-holes.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did find a few small holes over the wheel well. They were covered with glue from the last rebuild but they were there. Thanks John. your info really helps! jack

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a great picture. You don't see many photos of the inside corner of the cargo area. It will help a lot. thanks John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts