Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i got my first part back from a manufacturing ive been working with on reproducing original nomad parts, and a few custom ideas i have for these cars. they came out great. most nomaders are either missing these pieces or they are pitted so badly they just leave them out. they are very hard to find in good shape. these come painted originally, but some guys have them chromed. im not trying to solicit business so i hope this thread doesnt get bumped, just wanted to share with you guys. here are some pictures of the final product

it took a while for me to approve them, because there is a curvature to the piece, and im one of the pickiest guys you will ever meet with these cars. but they came out great! im looking forward to making more parts that will benefit nomaders. :)

·
12,256 Posts
Mike, nice job ;). I think I'm missing those pieces on my car...they were rusted out. I'll have to catch you when I need them. I'm pretty sure they'll still fit with my tubs. :)

Is there a piece of vertical windlace there???

Yes you are one picky car guy, but imo that's GOOD! What else do you have in the works?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chevynut, im pretty sure they will fit your car too since you tubbed your rear to look almost stock. yes there are vertical windlace on each side. my dad is missing one side. i cant reveal my other ideas, i dont want to jinx anything, im weird like that :rolleyes:. i will make sure to keep you in mind when i do as well as everyone on the forum

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a lot of ideas for parts to be made, but most are custom ideas that i had for my nomad when i was building it. i cant reveal any of them just yeeet, but they will definately catch the eye of a lot of guys thats for sure. i know if i had a nomad i would want a lot of these parts on there. i will make sure to keep everyone posted with what i come up with.:D

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Make this....

Mike, if you want to make something, how about the elusive Nomad tailgate hinge covers. I mean the right ones, not ones modified from the standard wagons. How about it guys....?

·
12,256 Posts
Mike, if you want to make something, how about the elusive Nomad tailgate hinge covers. I mean the right ones, not ones modified from the standard wagons. How about it guys....?
Well I don't think we ever determined whether they really are different or not, did we? I had a thread on it and several sellers on eBay said they fit both wagons and Nomads. I bought a pair that fit my Nomad perfectly, and I was under the impression they were some that were re-popped some time ago. These have been repopped, but I don't know by whom or what ever happened to the tooling.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ive seen some for sale that are juts straight pieces, meaning they dont have that curve to it that goes up. the ones on my dads 57 look to be repops, quality isnt too great, and noticed two screw holes. the ones on my dads 55, fit perfectly, 3 screw holes.

·
12,256 Posts
Here's a pic of mine that I bought off of eBay. They looked to be brand new to me and they fit great. Bought them from Oldedays.

My Nomad's covers had two screws on the driver's side and three on the passenger side. :confused0006:

I have several pics of covers from wagons and Nomads, but as Dick said they're only slightly different.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts