Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a restored Safari (cousin) that needs a fuel tank sending unit in order to repair the fuel gauge. Does anyone know if the replacement units for the Nomads would work with the Safari gauge? I believe the tanks are the same and it would fit, but don't know if the resistance values are the same. Also would anyone be able to send me photos of the floor in the back area around the spare door. My door fasteners are missing and wondering if they are the same and what they look like. Thanks, Bruce

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
I have a restored Safari (cousin) that needs a fuel tank sending unit in order to repair the fuel gauge. Does anyone know if the replacement units for the Nomads would work with the Safari gauge? I believe the tanks are the same and it would fit, but don't know if the resistance values are the same. Also would anyone be able to send me photos of the floor in the back area around the spare door. My door fasteners are missing and wondering if they are the same and what they look like. Thanks, Bruce
The resistance values are the same. I believe all GM's used 0-30 ohm gauges till 1965 or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts