Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are the Nomad tailgate screws pretty generic Philips heads or are they a specialty screw? My reason for asking is My tailgate should arrive form California tomorrow and I like a kid on Christmas morning I have to try and fit it to the car. Just preliminary of course, I eventually will get those nice stainless baby's from Mr. Madmook along with a bunch of other goodies he has but for now I just want to bolt it in place and bask in the filled void.......:sign0020:

Thank Gents.....

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
You should be able to get them at Fastenal

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Are the Nomad tailgate screws pretty generic Philips heads or are they a specialty screw? My reason for asking is My tailgate should arrive form California tomorrow and I like a kid on Christmas morning I have to try and fit it to the car. Just preliminary of course, I eventually will get those nice stainless baby's from Mr. Madmook along with a bunch of other goodies he has but for now I just want to bolt it in place and bask in the filled void.......:sign0020:

Thank Gents.....
There are some odd #12 in the lift gate. I think there are both some flat heads and some oval heads (flat heads with a crown) in common sizes. Might be wrong.

PS - update on your quarter-jamb in another post?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
tailgate hinge to the body 5/16-24 ( countersunk )
tailgate hinge to the tailgate 5/16-24 ( hex head or pan head Phillips )

liftgate hinge to liftgate 1/4-20 ( pan head Phillips )
liftgate hinge to body 1/4-28 ( hex head )
liftgate side brackets and lower molding 12-24 ( corner screws for molding should have a hex head, all others are pan head )

tailgate cable guides, strikers, latches, cups and ovals are all 1/4-20 ( countersunk )

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mike and the rest of you guys. I have a fasten-all right down the road

liftgate side brackets and lower molding 12-24 ( corner screws for molding should have a hex head, all others are pan head )

tailgate cable guides, strikers, latches, cups and ovals are all 1/4-20 ( countersunk )

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike, on the tailgate bolts approx. how long? looks about 1/2 to 2" maybe?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
hinge to the body its 1 1/4 inch ( that includes countersunk head )
hinge to the gate its 1 inch ( doesn't include hex head )

the 1/4-20 screws for all the latches, guides, strikers, etc are 3/4 inch ( includes countersunk )

hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it does thanks Mike, I have to check with Fasten All before I trot down there. I have to go check your site, my only reason for getting these now is as I said just to mount the tailgate but also I don't want to schmutz up nice new hardware with primer etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts