Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pics of their tubbed Nomad? I will be starting work on the cargo floor section very soon so I'm planning out the tubs. I am moving the springs inboard under the frame rails so its not like I am putting monster tires on the back but I figure tubbing it being as the wheel wells need to be replaced any way. So I need to figure if I want to keep the stock style tub or or the conventional style I'll call em like you would use in a sedan or coupe etc. I have seen a lot of them advertised made form .024 gage steel seems kinda flimsy as well so I was contemplating possibly new stock wells with a widening strip.

Your thoughts comments and pics are greatly appreciated. Now back to work in the shop.....:tu

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nick thats exactly what I was picturing, some how I don't picture conventional style tubs looking right or working correctly with the back seat.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can say for sure about how much more clearance in this case will be gained but I suspect a lot more then an inch. The clearance issue on a stock Tri-Five rear suspension is not the wheel tub as much as it is with the rear springs. If you simply move them inboard under the frame rails I am gonna guess 2 to 3 inches I have it written down some where and if memory serves me correctly There is a calculator on the site for this very thing but Lord help me if I can remember how to find it.....lol

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.