Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 57 Nomad in Elkhart Indiana in 1973 and connected with the old National Nomad club for help with parts and rebuild questions. I rebuilt the 283 back in the 70's, and it still runs like a dream. I had the body and interior redone in 2000, but too busy to do much else til now. (I need to get some photos posted...)
I am now retired, living in Virginia and looking to connect with other motor heads to attend cruise ins and swap meets in the mid Atlantic region. Suggestions?
Big Al

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hi Al, welcome to the party! I'm in Richmond and have put my Handyman in a couple of events since I got it roadworthy. There's a Cars & Coffee meet at a mall in the west end every other Saturday. Where are you located?.

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
10,539 Posts
I don't know if the Mid-Atlantic Chapter is still in Operation, but I'd bet there are many of their members still in the area.. :)

Reactions: 58-GMC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Al, welcome to the party! I'm in Richmond and have put my Handyman in a couple of events since I got it roadworthy. There's a Cars & Coffee meet at a mall in the west end every other Saturday. Where are you located?.
Tom, I am in the Shenandoah valley, but I do have friends in Richmond:) I may plan a cruise around the Piedmont. Is the cars and coffee event advertised in any way? ... and how many usually participate?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I don't know if the Mid-Atlantic Chapter is still in Operation, but I'd bet there are many of their members still in the area.. :)
While the Mid Atlantic Nomad Association still exists, time and Covid have taken their toll. It was more than 50 years ago when we got our start. Several of us still have our Nomads from that time

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Tom, I am in the Shenandoah valley, but I do have friends in Richmond:) I may plan a cruise around the Piedmont. Is the cars and coffee event advertised in any way? ... and how many usually participate?
The Cars & Coffee meetup is at Regency Square Mall Near Parham Rd.. I've only gone once since it's from 8 to 10 in the morning & I like leisurly Saturday mornings. The one I attended had maybe 100 cars. A friend who was there said there are usually more but since it was threatening showers, it was light. I'll put a link to the site here. Cars & Coffee Richmond, the largest informal mature gathering of car enthusiast and their cars in Richmond, VA Another good show is the AACA show in the summer at St Joseph's Villa.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.