1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
Anyone use the 1957 Chevrolet Complete A/C Heat System from Nostalgic Air Parts http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/air-conditioning/1957-chevrolet-complete-ac-heat-system-696.php ?

And if so what did you like/not like about it?
I don't know anything about Nostalgid Air, but from the picture, I would be concerned about the size of the evaporator and the volumn of air blowing through it. The fan motor looks old school and the fact that it doesn't take up any of the glove box, makes it sound like it's too small.
I aquired a universal evaporator when I started my project and it turned out to be too small and insufficient air out the vents. I got 36 degree air at the vents, but you couldn't feel it blowing in your face when you first got in the car. After about an hours driving, it would cool the car fine, but you suffered the Texas heat until then. I replaced the evaporator with a Classic Auto Air "Custom Colder" unit and it works great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.