Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow!

Now that's what I was looking for when I bought my shop truck. Only bought it because it was rust free. Still would rather have a COE. It looks to be in real nice shape Nick.....at least from here. :D
You have excelent vision. I didn't know anyone could see that far.............. LOL.

It does look kinda kool, wish it was a Chevy but I love the big grin in the grill.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just so you know. Even though it doesn't make a difference but that is a 52 not a 51. You can tell by the mouldings. Dee

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But it's not a COE

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Hello Nick I'm near but I'm not able to view it i wish I could. I worked with a guy (he's now retired) who built one of these to be a tow vehicle for a 5th wheel travel trailer for his wife and he to cruise around the country attending street rod shows. I haven't seen him since he retire so I guess he's still on the road!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Doggone it.........some guy in Tucson has been trying to peddle an early Chevy COE that's had all the body work done and it's in primer.......been posting it for a couple months on craigs........want me to try to find it for you?

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes Please do! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yup, Robert found it.........the frame the guy had was a dodge deisel 1 ton, if I remember correctly.........the guy ran the ad a lot........bet it's still available........let me know if i can do anything to help.

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
many thanks!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I found at photo of that coe tow truck on google maps the street address is 2124 S California ave the last time i went by there was last nov and it had
a for sale sign on it the store its park at is close down and for sale too

·
Registered
4,141 Posts

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
That's a very nice one Auggie!
Gonna put it in my favorites and watch how much it goes for.
Nick,i've been trying to buy a 53 GMC,COE here for several years.The guy said he'd sell then changed his mind.I may get it yet!I already have a one ton dually frame for it.
For a while,I saw several that had a one ton 4x4 front chassie with a dual axle car trailer for the rear and ran off the front end drive.Pretty neat looking rigs.
Mike.:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts