Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help putting my 56 basket case back together.

long story short, I have the assembly manual with part numbers for the nuts and bolts to put it back together but is there a way to tell what size those nuts and bolts are?

I would like to make one trip to the Fastenal store and be done with running around and get to work.

I know several vendors sell packages of hardware for specific areas but I think they are quite expensive, and the shipping delay is putting me way behind on my goal of driving my 56 to a cruise nite in august.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

my car has made the rounds of resto shops, storage areas and somehow a lot of hardware and small items have grown wheels and are now missing from my many boxes and baskets of once cataloged items. I am sure you've heard or lived this experience.

is anyone on this site is from Pensacola?

·
RIP 02-03-2022
50,809 Posts
need some help putting my 56 basket case back together.

long story short, I have the assembly manual with part numbers for the nuts and bolts to put it back together but is there a way to tell what size those nuts and bolts are?

I would like to make one trip to the Fastenal store and be done with running around and get to work.

I know several vendors sell packages of hardware for specific areas but I think they are quite expensive, and the shipping delay is putting me way behind on my goal of driving my 56 to a cruise nite in august.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

my car has made the rounds of resto shops, storage areas and somehow a lot of hardware and small items have grown wheels and are now missing from my many boxes and baskets of once cataloged items. I am sure you've heard or lived this experience.

is anyone on this site is from Pensacola?

All that I bought from our venders were bagged separately and cataloged by name.....:anim_25:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have an excel spreadsheet with fastener part numbers and descriptions fo 1957 cars if you think that might help. It is too large to post here, so I would have to e-mail it to you. An example:

3650059 = #14-10 x .750 Hx Hd SMSc (Hex Head Sheet Metal Screw), Cad plated, for the hood lock assembly.

OR, if anyone can tell me how to post a large file on this site, I'll be glad to do that.

Joe D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.