Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my dome light bulb was out when I went for a drive this morning. I replaced the bulb when I got back and noticed the following:

with the door open, the bulb is flickering at about 1/4 voltage... flickers about 5 times a second. Close the door, and the bulb lights up bright.

crawl under the dash, and the set of points on the outboard side of the switch, closest to the kick panel, is arcing at the same pace as the dome light bulb. Wiring harness from the switch is warm.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
I noticed that my dome light bulb was out when I went for a drive this morning. I replaced the bulb when I got back and noticed the following:

with the door open, the bulb is flickering at about 1/4 voltage... flickers about 5 times a second. Close the door, and the bulb lights up bright.

crawl under the dash, and the set of points on the outboard side of the switch, closest to the kick panel, is arcing at the same pace as the dome light bulb. Wiring harness from the switch is warm.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris
You may have the wrong bulb installed. A single contact bulb will short the 2 contacts out in the socket. When the door is closed, it removes the ground and the bulb lights up. It takes a #1004 or #94 dual contact, single filement.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, that was it. took the replacement bulb from a "complete kit" set, wrong bulb in the one tagged for the dome light, marked 67, single contact, single filament, should have compared before installing obviously...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.