Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between 55-56 #987130 Sport Coupe and Convertible and 57 #987678 Sport Coupe and Convertible door edge guards?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet the guards have notch where the side trim goes.
The trim location on the door is different between the 55/56 and 57.
Mike.:):bowtieb:
Thank you, that i what I was thinking. Or maybe different clips....the only one that saw on eBay with notches were on 55-56, don't remember which model and the notch was on the inside. I will keep searching. As far as I am concerned the 55-56 987130 will work for me.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have a complete set for a Sport Coupe/Convertible? The ones that I have found are missing the clips.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Possible source

This Spring Jay Hammond had some. Try contacting him. I have a pair, (not for sale) and while visiting Jay, I asked what the clips looked like, since I thought mine were missing. He showed me what they looked like, In a very tiny envelope. He also said that the clips chip the paint when you install them, and using an adhesive is a better attachment method. When I returned home I took a better look at mine (in original package), and lo and behold, I did in fact have the tiny envelope with clips, When the time comes to install, I'm uncertain how I should proceed. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This Spring Jay Hammond had some. Try contacting him. I have a pair, (not for sale) and while visiting Jay, I asked what the clips looked like, since I thought mine were missing. He showed me what they looked like, In a very tiny envelope. He also said that the clips chip the paint when you install them, and using an adhesive is a better attachment method. When I returned home I took a better look at mine (in original package), and lo and behold, I did in fact have the tiny envelope with clips, When the time comes to install, I'm uncertain how I should proceed. Just an FYI.
Thank you for the additional information!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, I am thinking that the '57 part number has the more elaborate clips.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Thank you, I am thinking that the '57 part number has the more elaborate clips.
Not necessarily, I have guards from all years and models and for the most part the ones with the 2 raised points that are plated were found in bags.But the plain stainless ones were found in a lesser amount.Each brown bag containing the clips also had more than one extra clip depending on the model.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone have an opinion on which of the two clips work the best? Or adhesive possibly?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts