Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
RIP: 06-04-2012
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, the painter/auto body tech is ready for my car this weekend. And I've got to admit, after our conversations I feel a lot more relaxed about solid Indian Ivory. Juries still out on the color of the wheels though, but what will most likely happen is a color will jump out when the car is pin striped. Pomona is the 14th of January, I think I'll be there parts shopping, Sara flew for United for 34 years so flying on passes is the easy part. I would like to use the Bumper Boys smoothie front bumper and I would like to look at the Billet grille that Danchuk sells...etc. I was thinking of using a tail light lens that looks like a 56 Packard lens that Danchuk sells, so that I don't have to replace my tail light assembly right away. A complete grille and related bars and extentions and bumpers tap my misc. parts budget.

If anyone out there would like to attend a Pomona swap meet and would like someone to show them the ropes, I would be more that happy to do that...there is also a high performance car show and swap meet in Long Beach, the second Sunday of every month, that's good but a lot smaller.

Thanks Tri Five guys for the support on the color choice. Oops....is there any Tri Five gals out there, speak up if there is.

Wedwagon

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Sounds great WedWagon.

It sounds like you making progrees.

Pomona is a great place for Tri Five lovers and of course all other carlovers.

I have been there once and the only problem was that i had to little money with me.

Its like a candystore for big boys.

Good Luck hunting parts.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Now I'm jealous! Pomona? PLease say you had a good time! I would love to be able to go, just once!

But 'her indoors' is not sold on the idea of a 'car' trip Stateside!

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweden, my goal this summer is to attend The Power Big Meet. I have put my German friends on notice that if they didn't come with me I was going by myself. Seven or eight years ago, I went with my friend Stefan in his restored 57 Chevrolet Bel Air 4 door from Hamburg, Germany to Vasteras, Sweden. What a trip....what a car show....what an experence. 10,000 American cars from all over Europe. See you at the Power Big Meet Sweden.

Wedwagon

·
Administrator
49,366 Posts
Sounds like good news on the repaint. Hope all goes well with it. Hope to have mine back by the end of this week, first of next week. Had to go in for some paint repairs.
Terry

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chevyman57.....What color did you paint your car....

I would have never thought that getting a car painted could be so stressful. I can't tell you how hard it was to find someone to do it, in the end I was threating to take it to Maaco or one of the other assembly line painting companies. It wouldn't be too bad of an idea for the members of the forum to compile a resource list of painters by geographic regions. I think that if I had know about this forum last year, by asking the question..."Where's A Good Shop that Paints Cars", the responses from the members might have expanded my circle and I might have found a painter sooner. The next question...."where can I get chrome at a fair price" or "what should I expect to pay for good to excellent chrome..not show", There was a thread going on rechroming and/or buying reproduction chrome parts. The bright stuff for the 150 will run in the neighborhood of $2500.00 if ordered from Danchuk or one of the other shops. Ugh...

Wedwagon

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chevman57, with that very yellow 57, what color interior are you going to do. Lip Stick Red would really look sharp......

·
Administrator
49,366 Posts
Red??? No way, i`m not into red. Gray interior 2 different shades. Painted the gauge panel to match the color of the interior pretty close. My 57 has been yellow ever since it was new, i just brightened it up a shade or 2. haha.
Terry

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thought I'd get you excited with the red interior, a lip stick red interior to be exact. Two gray colors sound great. I like black or saddle tan with yellow cars... My interior is black right now and maybe next year it will get freshin up with new threads an a new color.

Wedwagon

·
Administrator
49,366 Posts
Well way back i thought i wanted a tan-brown interior but now i`m past that so when i get to that point i will recover it in the gray. Black is O.K. but if you have any vinyl it gets waay too hot in the summer here for black.
Terry

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Where in Texas are you, where is Graham, Texas? I once lived in San Antonio and did get just a little hot and sticky down there. Will you do your own interior?

Wedwagon

·
Administrator
49,366 Posts
I`m about 100 miles west of Fort Worth. Yes i will do my own interior as that is my side job also, upholstery work. About the only thing i haven`t done on my 57 is the paint and rebuild the 700R tranny.
Terry

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We should start an upholstery thread....Leather vs Faux leather,things to consider. Of course in a forum this might have been a topic in the past. I don't want to learn how to do it, but I'd like to know more about it. I have a black interior now and will most likely keep it that way.

Todays the day the car goes to the body shop today.

Wedwagon

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You bet, I will get ahold of you and we can tip a Coke together. The time I went we stayed at a camp ground across the street from the meet. Boy I'd never do that again. It's a hotel for sure, too many drunks partying all night...getting too old for that. Great looking women...getting too old for that...naw I lied on that one.

Wedwagon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts