Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some times I hate to go to crowded parking lots. Even in my BEATER!!!! You ever look at a car that has no dents,scratches or door dings. They look great. Then look at a car that is just peppered with them. What a piece of junk!!! No matter if I'm in my Nomad or beater I NEVER park with the crowd. I'm the "IDIOT" that parks in the far back reaches and walks a long way to the store or building or event. Went to the hospital to see a friend. They had free valet service. When I walk far away to retrieve the Nomad and drove around to pick up my wife the valet and a couple of older women were excited to see the Nomad. After driving away I kiddingly told my Wife I should have had the valet park the Nomad since she liked it so much. My Wife looked at me with big eyes and said"really"!?!?!? I said "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND"!!!! NO WAY!!!NO BODY IS TOUCHING MY CAR. "That was just a joke" I said. Sooo, Am I the only guy with the parking phobia???? How about you????

·
Registered
609 Posts
Some times I hate to go to crowded parking lots. Even in my BEATER!!!! You ever look at a car that has no dents,scratches or door dings. They look great. Then look at a car that is just peppered with them. What a piece of junk!!! No matter if I'm in my Nomad or beater I NEVER park with the crowd. I'm the "IDIOT" that parks in the far back reaches and walks a long way to the store or building or event. Went to the hospital to see a friend. They had free valet service. When I walk far away to retrieve the Nomad and drove around to pick up my wife the valet and a couple of older women were excited to see the Nomad. After driving away I kiddingly told my Wife I should have had the valet park the Nomad since she liked it so much. My Wife looked at me with big eyes and said"really"!?!?!? I said "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND"!!!! NO WAY!!!NO BODY IS TOUCHING MY CAR. "That was just a joke" I said. Sooo, Am I the only guy with the parking phobia???? How about you????
Well I am the same way, People don't know and don't give a rats behind about cars. JMO RICH:gba:

·
Administrator
49,480 Posts
Sooo, Am I the only guy with the parking phobia???? How about you????
No you aren`t alone. The couple of times i have driven my 57 to walmart i park in a spot by a light pole and take up both the front and back spot so noone can park directly beside it.
Terry

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
My wife now understands-2 parking places in walmart---with front and rear taken up also---"ain't" gonna put a ding on my 57--------plus I STAY with my car while she shops:gba:

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'll never forget the time a lady opened her door and put a ding in my brand new dodge crew cab truck and then said to me " whats your problem, "I'ts only a truck". (and it only cost about 3 times what her car cost).

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I never take my 56 to run errands that is what my minivan is for... It also is close to ten years now since I have been to Wallmart... Later, Dave

·
Registered
256 Posts
What I really like is when you go to the Wal Mart, Home Depot, ... and you park way out in the North 40, next to light pole , in a corner, and when you come out, someone has parked right next to you in a beater! Am a magnet for this stuff or what!?

·
Administrator
66,126 Posts
Wife & I have tried parking away from anybody but theres alway the one idiot that has to park next to you, go figure

·
Registered
67,729 Posts
i have been that way for as long as I can remember. people just have no respect for others property. :secruity:

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
I have a big parking phobia! I NEVER take my Belle out to anywhere where I cant see her at all times....doesnt matter if I take up two spaces...all it takes is 1 secto key my baby and then $10k for a new paint job! Why risk it?
I have a friend who takes his 53 chevy to Trader Joes grocery store every sat. He parks in a secluded spot but I tell him makes no difference - someone who is a malcontent can damage it quickly. And yes every time I park 200 ft away from people in my modern car there are 2/3 cars parked by it when I come out (I hate any dings in any of my cars!)

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
I can park 50 feet from the nearest car and come out a few minutes later and cars will be crowded around ours......:sign0020:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
One of the biggest problems with parking lots has to do with the size of the parking spaces. Give thanks to the appropriate building laws that demand "X" number of parking spaces per "X" number of sq ft of building on a commercial lot. So the builder has "XXXXXX" sq ft of building and needs "XXX" parking spaces but doesn't have the land thus the parking spaces and lanes shrink in width and length in order to get the required number of parking spaces. Ever see how many "Compact Car Only" designated spots there are? Lots of them in most lots.
When I had a 1 ton long bed there were some lots I didn't dare park in some lots because it would be a real feat to back the truck up and get out of the parking space(or even get out of the truck comfortably:sign0020:) This was especially true in the Seattle area and now Denver is getting just as bad.

Best bet is to park out in the "south 40" and walk in to the store...even then you are liable to have some ding-dong come in and park right next to you close enough to ding your car when they slam their doors open. I'd guess that 90% of the people today just do not care about cars or others property, their own or others are just 'there' to be abused. If they ding your car "No big deal" they just do not care they only think me, me, me.

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
In the North Forty as far away from other cars as we can get. Plus one of us stays with the car, it's never alone. Take up two parking spaces & here goes someone in & just has to park by us too close. Worst one was a bus load of football players & cheer leaders after a big victory. Two really big guys yell, "Let's get pictures with it, we'll sit on the hood with the cheer leaders & the rest of the team circle it." He was serious about it.
My wife gets out of the car, points her finger at them & says, "Stop right there, NO ONE is getting on the car in a voice that raised the hair on the back of my neck." Believe it or not those kids backed off. She offered to take panarama photos of them as a group sitting along the driver's side of the car if they behaved themselves. They did & we all drove away happy & the car was kept safe.

KINGS X 56

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Another thing: car shows...it isnt too bad if you're at one that is all car owners but if you're at one that has general spectators that touch your car..its a nightmare. I've been to one where 2,000 people converged to a outdoor concert and knocked down the police tape where 30 of our cars were on display...one woman and her young teenage daughter came by and tapped my car with her folding chair...luckly for her it had a rubber tip on the end of it...she didnt see me and told her daughter, thats about $5,000 with a chuckle...I bristled and yelled out to her at 30 ft or so, "no thats about $10,000 dollars out of YOUR pocket" she ran away without a word.

People can be rude

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Ive got that same phobia, I park way out where nothing can get to it, it never fails. You get that one idiot that parks right next to you, and it seems to be all the BMW and MB drivers around my cars. I had a person pull in to the spot right next to me, they were so close there was no way they were getting out of the drivers side. Well guess what! They attempted to do that very thing. The level of stupid in some people I will never understand and I dont think I want to understand. :sign0020:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yes, I love these people. They are very "special", to say the least.

Best one that I had was in May 2002, at my job. I worked in IT at a large company in Charlotte. Their parking lot was MASSIVE. We worked a swing shift, whereby my team rotated shifts and hours.

I got the 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. shift, on a Sunday. There were two cars there - mine and the security guard's. I parked in the reserved spaces near the front door, although they weren't labeled as reserved.

I left about 2 p.m. to go to lunch. There was a black Chevy Malibu on my right, right beside my car. I had just bought my 2002 Honda about three weeks prior to this. The space I was in was in a line of spaces the sloped down a hill to the right. I came out and thought, "you've got to be kidding me, this moron had to park RIGHT BESIDE ME, with literally all of these hundreds and hundreds of spaces out here"....

I noticed the car was very close to mine. I walked around and looked and there was a very large dent in my right door. I lost my mind. I looked at his driver door and it had silver paint on it, and my door had black paint on it. I visually "lined up" the two doors and said "this HAS to be his door".

I went back inside to the security guard. I asked him to come out, he did. He looked at the cars, said yep, looks like he hit it to me. He got the tag number of the car, went back in and looked it up. Found that it belonged to a VP that had been with the company for 20+ years. He gave me his name.

I knew where his office was. I walked to his office, his door was open. I knocked on his door frame. He looked up from his desk over the top of his glasses at me. I asked did he have a black Chevy Malibu? Yes, what's it to you? Wrong answer.

I asked if he hit my door with his car. He said yes, I did it on purpose, you were parked in my space. Maybe it'll teach you not to park in my spot again. I asked do you want to come outside and look at what you did and discuss a way to handle this? No, not particularly, get out of my office and leave me the eff alone. Double wrong answer. I said OK, suit yourself and left.

I went back out to the guard and told him what was said. I said I want to call the police. He said OK and called them for me.

Police came, I was out at my car. Young buck police officer, he looked at the cars, said yes, this lines up and I see the paint colors on each car. Is this person here? Yes sir, and told him what happened with me talking to him. Police officer said go in and get him, tell him to come out here NOW. So I did.

Jerk VP was still in his office. I told him there is a Charlotte police officer out here that wants to talk to you, come on out now, he sent me in after you. He laughed and said I SAID to leave me the eff alone and you and the cop can both go eff yourselves. I said OK, sure.

Went back out and told the police officer what he said. He said take me in to him now. I took him to the guard station, he said you two come with me, I'll take you to him now.

The look on the VP's face when the police officer stood in his doorway and said SIR, STEP OUTSIDE WITH ME NOW was priceless.

It was a long walk outside, and the entire walk with all of us, the VP was saying, "so what is this all about? why are you doing this?"

We get outside and I let the police officer and the VP talk it out. Another police car arrives, female officer gets out. They talked to him, said we can order a paint sampling here. He finally told the officers that he purposefully took his foot and kicked his door as hard as he could into mine to get me back for parking in "his spot". The officers said I don't see that these spaces are marked reserved. VP said I've been parking in this same spot since 1988. Well, sir, you could've found a spot to park in with ALL of these spots empty, don't you think?

I had the officers write up a damage claim against him. While the officers were doing the paperwork, VP looked at me and whispered to me "I'd like to pound the **** out of you, you SOB". I looked him right in the eye and said "oh, you'll get your chance when they leave, because you and I are going off company property in MY car, so we can use MY gas, and you'll get your chance to whip MY ***, you better believe it".

Police left. He started laughing, shaking his head, said "I can't BELIEVE this just happened".......and I said whoa whoa, you and I have some business to tend to, remember? where are you going?"

He told me to go eff myself again and walked back inside.

I took my car that following week to get it fixed. Due to it being metallic silver, the entire door, front fender and rear quarter had to be match painted. I seem to remember the bill being $2,600. His insurance agency called me, said after they pay this claim out, they are dropping him.

To make matters worse for him, he was laid off about five months later, not due to this incident, but due to his department's performance.

Turns out he lived about three roads over from me, judging by his address on the police report. I saw him about a year and a half later in line at the grocery store. He looked over at me and laughed and shook his head. His wife was with him. He said "look, honey, there's that a-hole that caused us to lose our insurance"..........I looked back over at him and said, "and yeah, you still haven't pounded the **** out of me yet like you said you would, care to take a pass at that in the parking lot, I'm still waiting to have my *** beaten by you"

His wife looked like someone splashed ice water on her, she kept looking from me to him. He said nothing, and I said nothing else.

These idiots are out there.

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
I'll never forget the time a lady opened her door and put a ding in my brand new dodge crew cab truck and then said to me " whats your problem, "I'ts only a truck". (and it only cost about 3 times what her car cost).
That Lady sounds like the Lady that park beside my friend Charlie's freshly paint Camaro.
Charlie had put a lot of work into that 69 Camaro Z28 to get it just right. The way Charlie told the story was, He had going to store and parked way out in the lot. That he came out of store to find Lady just had park right beside of him. He was walking back to car when he saw her kid open door hard into side of his car. Charlie was hot when he said something to her, her reply was it's just a car and she walked off. Now my buddy Charlie (may he RIP) was not wrap too tight and was a carpenter by trade. About the time the Lady went in the store Charlie pulled out his hammer and started busting out the windows in the Ladies car. Every time he hit one he say "it's Just a Car"

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
The level of stupid in some people I will never understand and I dont think I want to understand. :sign0020:
You can't fix stupid and there is no cure for it:)

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
Reminds me of the time a lady in a Cadillac hit my 65 SS Impala so hard she broke the 7 off the 327 emblem.I was younger and more volatile back then and took my size 12 boot to her door and caved it in. She never said a word and just left.I am sure today I would have gotten arrested.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts