Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am working on my instrument cluster and have updated the speedo, temp and gas gauges. My question now is what to do with the OIL and GEN lamps in the Instrument Cluster.

I would actually like then to work like the original intent. The LS engine has a modern alternator witch has to wires that go into the harness. Gray is Gen F and Brown is Gen L. Gen F may be field? Gen L maybe Light? but I don't really know.

For Oil, I figured that the oil sensor is a transducer which yields a voltage based on oil pressure. It is connected to +ECM +5V and Ground and then Pin 58 on the green connector of the ECM. (stock Harness).

So If I want oil pressure good/bad, I will have to work in a old sensor in. I did install in a oil cooler bypass plate. I could drill and tap in an oil sensor there.

What have you guys done on your rides? Looking forward to some good solutions. Thanks Dan

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
Yes, on a CS alternator, L = a small gauge wire that comes from the idiot light and energizes the alternator and you'll need a oil pressure switch to operate the oil light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts