Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the '55 was on the lift for three months doing rear-end re-build, suspension re-build, cleaned out gas tank, etc. Got it home and the tranny pan started leaking as well as the pinion seal. Back on the lift and replaced the pinion seal and had to loose the chrome tranny pan to stop the leak. Got the car home and now have an oil pan leak! Not much else that can leak after I get this one sewed up......but it's all worth the trouble when I get those thumbs up when cruising in the "55!:auto14:

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Protectant.

I'm not adverse to a small oil leak. It keeps all the metal fresh. :winking0070:

Well it does.

Seriously, the undercarraige of our car is damp from the numerous and sundry leaks that have sprung, over time, all of which are dealt with as they occur.

The present annoyance is a trans (200-4R) tailshaft seal that is OK as long as the car is driven regularly, but leaks when static. Argh. Oh well, the Napa store needs our business to keep the doors open.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Didn't Harley Davidson Motorcycles have a similar chain/frame/back of driver automatic lubrication system, years ago? Think they finally changed to belt drive to fix their leak!!
Ha ha, yeah. I think they stayed with the total-loss oiling system until the 70's!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts