Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the moroso 20433 to install into my 56 bel air but the front corners are hitting the subframe. I looked at the Moroso 20431 so I could use the same pick up and everything but it states its for a Mark IV and mine is a V. Checked out the milodon 30975 which is for a Mark V but it only accepts a 4.00" stroke and mine is 4.250. And advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have a Milodon 30970 on a Gen 4 big block and run a 4.250 crank. No issues at all. Can't tell you about the Moroso as most I know run the pan listed above.

I did look at the Milodon website and cannot see where it stipulates 4.00 stroke? It shows the pan I have with the 30975 pan listed below it and the footnotes above state up to 4.500 stroke?

http://www.milodon.com/oil-pans/street-oil-pans-bbchevy.asp

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is a Gen 5 big block so it would take the Milodon 30975 and when I was going to order from j*gs (not sure if Im allowed to post name) it states it will accept only up to a 4.00 crank. Maybe a typo on their part, I will have to check. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanted to give everyone an update and also post this in case someone needs this information in the future. So I just got off the phone with Milodon tech and the Milodon 30975 use to only accept a 4.00" stroke. But he informed me that its old information and will easily accept the 4.25" stroke. So I guess I know which pan Im going with. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
67,683 Posts
good news and thanks for info. :tu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts