Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,736 Posts
You can go to the hardware store and get a shotr piece of 1/4" pipe and a T...Connet the T to the block, then you wil have two ports available.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,736 Posts
With the T and a short straight pipe and a female coupler, you can do it.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Do as Pops said, you are creating two ports from the one that the Oil Presure Sending unit is currently screwed into. Very easy to do, You need a short piece of pipe thats the same diameter as the end of the electric sender (go to the copper pipe section of your local Home Depot or Lowes and they have all you need). Then a "T" with a coupler on one end that accepts the Plastic tube and compression fitting and a female on the other end of the "T" that your original Electric oil pressure sender will screw into! The really only hard part (depending on the year of your engine) is getting to the oil pressure sender to remove it and add the new parts. I say that because I have a 4 bolt main 350 and the oil presure sending unit on mine was in the back of the block against the fireall. It Was a bear to get to but it came out easily enough (good thing I am 6'4" tall with long arms..LOL But easy too do and it works great. I also wanted them both (the gauge and the Light!). Good luck.. take the sending unit with you to the Hardware store as well as the plastic tube ends and and tell them what you want to do and they will help ya find the right parts and connectors ..they might not know cars or even 57 chevys, but they do know copper pipe fittings!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.