Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i have the replacement, its just getting the original one out, the nut holding it on is on the underside of it and i cant seem to loosen it. or even really get to it for that matter

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,876 Posts
Since you have the new one, see what size deep well socket will fit over the top.....If you don't have one, get one or borrow one.

I know its a bugger to get at.....But, that's the way I've always done it.

·
52,876 Posts
Just tryed a 1 1/16 socket on the one I have in the garage.....Works like a champ....It looks round, but has serrations.

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i tried it out on the new one and got the same results, the problem is the one im trying to remove from the car is completely round with no serrations whatsoever:eek:. theres a nut just underneath it but i cant get to it. ill try and get a picture up to show what im dealing with

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kind of a blurry picture but here it is. you cant really see i circled the nut i was talking about. id use a wrench but theres no way i can get to it with one, short of taking the whole engine out

Attachments

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
A crows foot wrench may work. I have made them in different sizes from an old open end wrench. Cut the wrench off and weld a rod to the flat part of the wrench. Use vise grips to turn the rod or weld a handle on it.
Crows Foot...

Another option is to go to Home Depot and get a facet wrench. It will probably damage the round top, but may loosen it up.

·
52,876 Posts
WOW! That is a weirdo CZ.....I believe Don has the right idea.

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
guess im gonna have to go to home depot then. thanks for the the help guys:happy0030:

·
Registered
37,985 Posts
I've never seen an oil pressure switch with a jam nut (I assume that's what you're describing). Pipe threads don't use nuts. Can't make anything of your photo either, except that it doesn't seem to be the oil pressure switch area. ??????

·
27,084 Posts
guess im gonna have to go to home depot then. thanks for the the help guys:happy0030:
I don't know for sure that you will have enough room to get the facet wrench around the sender. It's a little bulkey. Just another idea. ???

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
think i might just opt for the crows foot. this is turning out to be quite the predicament.

·
27,084 Posts
This is a simular oil sender, with the hex under the body, but its for a gauge and not a indicator light. Do you have a gauge?

·
52,876 Posts
I have tried a sharp chiesel and hammer, tap it enough to loosen on the edge
Sounds like a last resort measure.....I'd be afraid of breaking it off in the block:eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts