Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
1956 Belair Sedan, Resto-Mod, Many Upgrades
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently while getting my car back together, I began hooking up my components with the new wiring I had installed before it had gone to paint and repairs. It all worked great before...

In the process of checking lights, signals etc...I had to leave the ignition key "on" and when I went to start the engine...I noticed I had no Low Press Oil Light on...no biggy as I run a direct reading guage as well. When I touched the sender unit checking to see if the wire was loose...man that thing was super hot! I took the wire lead off of it, because I didn't want to have a fire of any kind.

Question: Have ANY of you experienced this before , and WHAT could possibly be the problem, other than maybe they gave me the wrong part?

Also...is there a tap next to the oil filter on SBC for a place to run the switch from? I saw an engine with a switch there and was wondering...

Thanks in advance...

Rods56

Registered
馃悢County, TN. 55 Bel Air Sport Coupe
Recently while getting my car back together, I began hooking up my components with the new wiring I had installed before it had gone to paint and repairs. It all worked great before...

In the process of checking lights, signals etc...I had to leave the ignition key "on" and when I went to start the engine...I noticed I had no Low Press Oil Light on...no biggy as I run a direct reading guage as well. When I touched the sender unit checking to see if the wire was loose...man that thing was super hot! I took the wire lead off of it, because I didn't want to have a fire of any kind.

Question: Have ANY of you experienced this before , and WHAT could possibly be the problem, other than maybe they gave me the wrong part?

Also...is there a tap next to the oil filter on SBC for a place to run the switch from? I saw an engine with a switch there and was wondering...

Thanks in advance...

Rods56
I would guess you accidentally hooked up a hot (batt.) wire to it. Double check your wires.

Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
I would guess you accidentally hooked up a hot (batt.) wire to it. Double check your wires.
I agree with Tony, wrong wire hooked to sender. Yes, there is a threaded plug above the oil filter that has oil pressure.

Registered
1956 Belair Sedan, Resto-Mod, Many Upgrades
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have it disconnected for now...at least until I bring it home after Upholstery, Exhaust and Alignment. I will check my Pink and Dk Blue wires on the cluster, and see what wire IS going to the switch.

I finished sanding and polishing the LAST two pieces of Stainless Steel for the lower seat shells. The picture doesn't do them justice...

Wood Table Hardwood

Rods56

1 - 4 of 4 Posts