Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of the old dealerships are left? How many remember them? Wouldnt it be a good idea to start a list of some of the old Chevrolet Dealerships that were around during that time?

Examples:

Felix Chevrolet Los Angeles-Still in business
City Chevrolet San Diego-Still in business

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Most are selling Hondas, Accuras, Kias, etc. If you check the Consumers Guide for autos it shows why.....
Cowboy :flag6:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
The Chevrolet dealership in our home town back in Illinois was around since the 40's. The current administration ended that relationship a couple of years ago.......

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our '57 9 Passenger was a California car all of it's life, until about 4 years ago. The '63 black and gold plates were still on it, as was the "Prolo Chevrolet" license plate frame from Santa Cruz California.
Very cool...:tu My car was a California Car as well. Im still trying to track down what dealership ordered my car. My only theory is, it was shipped from a LA dealership to the San Diego dealerships or Purchased in LA and Driven to San Diego by the original customer.(Explains the miles)

·
Administrator
66,133 Posts
You`ll find a lot of the history and what kept the economy ticking over sure has disappeared, out with it was personal service & customer care, not least to say the workshop mechanics have now become technicians replacing parts after their plug in computer tells them the problem :tu

·
Registered
559 Posts
My white vette was bought off the showroom floor at Tonkin Chevrolet in Portland, OR. Still in business. I am the second owner.

·
Registered
352 Posts
William L Morris Chevrolet in Fillmore California. Opened in 1929 and I have a friend who has a 49 Chevy that his family bought new there.

·
Premium Member
5,576 Posts
my neighbors dad worked at the kemp cheverolet dealership here in Fayette, mo. he has a restored 48 chevy that was one of first cars sold there. I bought my first ever new truck there a 1976 chevy custom deluxe 1/2ton pickup. $4,200.00.00 dollars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts