Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

601 - 620 of 643 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts

Gone but not forgotten! I've enjoyed every minute of this build and I want to thank you all from Trifive.com that supported me with comments, info, corrections to my errors, and especially those that lent a hand in this build. You know who you are!!:shakehands:

In the coming months I'll let you guys know what my future plans consist of, but to fill in a bit of that. What ever my next project ends up being...my son will be directly involved in what it will be, and some of the major decision in parts, appearance, and approach of the build. I want to get him involved now that he's 10 yrs old. So that was part of the reason for the sale!

So please welcome Brian! He's a good dude and true Trifive enthusiast so I hope you guys continue to watch the car evolve and get finished as I will as well...with great anticipation! Hopefully he doesn't feel the need to cuss me to much, but as you all know there will likely be times of frustration as taking over someone else project there seems to always be things you would do differently...and although the car is fully functional, there are many items more mocked up than finished!! Good luck Brian, take care of my baby!:flag6:

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm going to have to learn to patient. All I want to do is get in this thing and drive it! Need a couple little things before I can do that. Thankfully its at the point where it can be driven and enjoyed while being finished.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #602

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love the stance. I looked through the whole thread but couldn't find your tire size. What exactly are you running for wheels and tires.

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #604
Love the stance. I looked through the whole thread but couldn't find your tire size. What exactly are you running for wheels and tires.

Thanks,
Brandon
Thanks Brandon,

The fronts are 17x7 TTII's w/215/45 Sumitomo's if i remember correctly...and the rears are 18x9.5 TTII's w/285/50 Nitto's...You will likely have a hard time finding this size rear tire. They've pretty much discontinued that size, you'd have to go to a 285/40(45?) or 285/55.

Greg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just a little update on the 55 (new name #Cohiba)for those of you who followed Greg's build. Brakes have been figured out. Needed a new master and two new rear calipers. For those looking I used calipers from a 78 Cadillac Eldorado and master from the same. Worked perfectly once the air was our of the lines.

Was able to get the quarter glass fuzzys and glass in yesterday. That was a treat but the wife and I got it done. Still learning this car. Drove it for a whole 2 miles the other day. Still a long ways form complete but I'm picking away a little at a time. She will be at Tri Five Nationals for those that would like to see it.

Thanks to Greg for answering questions and still being supportive on this project. Not many sellers would still communicate with the buyers of their cars. He' s a stand up guy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats to both Greg and Brian! Such a cool car.. glad to hear it
went to a good home and happy to hear Greg has a new project in the
works!

Cheers Guys! :cheers:

·
Registered
63 Posts
glass is all in!

Well huge progress for me on this car. With the encouragement from a lot of folks due to my anxiety I was able to get all fuzzy and fur strips in as well as the vent deleted glass. So now I can drive her down the road even further.

Once I get a warmer day ill get it out and get a good photo. The tinted one piece glass up front looks killer!

Next is alignment shop on 4/2!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well she's at the alignment shop today. Getting all leveled out and tightened up. Will be safer to drive once it's done.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Trifive Certified Restoration Shop
3,378 Posts
You've got her at a good shop.

I've used John at Freeman's alignment for roughly 30 years or better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Off for topcoat and some clear

So a little update. Have not been on in a while but making a little progress on the 55 code named COHIBA. Still doing some of the little stuff but dropped it off last night for a topcoat of the black and copper with a matte clear! Need to be able to protect the paint and keep it clean. All but the hood are getting done right now. Still have some work to do on it. Show and cruise season is here so it will be getting out and about shortly. Hope to get some shots posted from shows or other events around the area.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got her picked up from the body shop. Looks great. Front bumper on and car is cleared. Currently on up the lift again to fix the fuel tank. Here's a glimpse of the new paint. Changed up the back a little bit. Made it all one color. Will be getting some pinstripe in September.

More to come...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Glad to see you're enjoying the car and carrying the torch for Greg. The paintwork turned out great. The stance on the car is just perfect. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Glad to see you're enjoying the car and carrying the torch for Greg. The paintwork turned out great. The stance on the car is just perfect. Keep us updated!
Thank you! It's hard to have a car that is so well put together and you know nothing about it Greg did a great job. I'm just hoping I can finish it to his approval and still make it my own. I love this thing but it has a long ways to go yet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got the new fuel fill in courtesy of my dads barn full of parts. Now has a little 57 Chevy in it. As well as the cap Is off off my 55 Handyman I drove 20 years ago in high school. Thanks pops!

·
Premium Member
13,712 Posts
Hood we need a hood that's the only thing the outside needs appearance wise. I like the satin finish. is it easy to keep clean??

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hood we need a hood that's the only thing the outside needs appearance wise. I like the satin finish. is it easy to keep clean??
The hood is in the works. Needs some skinning and brackets. Latch needs help. Got some ideas. Hopefully by the spring I'll have it on. Otherwise I'm running without it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey all! Havent updated on here for a while. Life has gotten in the way. I thought I would post up the pinstripe job that I had done on Cohiba in September. The air cleaner is custom with the cars name. You can see "fifty five" on the side by the chrome and then a little bit by the trunk.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
I have been slow on everything man your car is looking so cool love the way it sets just every thing about its just bad A :congrats:

601 - 620 of 643 Posts