Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I bought a trunk lid and a hood on e-bay, I felt I got a really fair deal for 2 non-rusted/dented original parts with shipping. What I get a good laugh from is when I see ads that advertise a part for 55-57 Chevy (sometimes they put every model year they think it might fit) that are only specifically for one year, and let's not even talk about the pricing for some of the junk they are trying to sell, but I will agree that is not the majority of sellers. And I will say it does make shopping a lot more convenient. I remember when I had my first 57' in the early 90's, the only thing I had was a Danchuck catalog and a Hemmings. Now with a click you can search for hard to find parts, look for the best deal, and compare repo part prices in minutes. E-bay is not perfect but they are making restoring a TriFive easier.

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
I agree totally, that is why we allow ebay links here so that if you find a good deal post it here so all your friends can find the parts they need to, it's all about helping each other find parts to restore our rides,

Remember you can link anywhere as long as it helps someone.

We even have an area especially for links to ebay auctions

Our only rule, Be happy and help each other.:)

Thanks for the info

otis / Trifive.

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
I have bought quite a lot on ebay. Was only unhappy once. I bought a pair of chrome pot metal pieces and when I opened the box I turned and tossed them in the trash. My wife thought I went off the deep end, he he.

·
Registered
738 Posts
TEXAS57 said:
and a Hemmings. Now with a click you can search for hard to find parts, look for the best deal, and compare repo part prices in minutes. E-bay is not perfect but they are making restoring a TriFive easier.
My dad and I were just talking about Hemmings. Have you seen one lately? Whoa, it's a shadow of it's former greatness. I was really saddened. It's almost all commercial guys advertising and web addresses. In the 80's my dad did a 36 ford, and he had Hemmings sent overnight express. If he waited for normal delivery all the good deals would be gone!

Ebay has done away with the good deals of Hemmings I think. That's ok though, I am ok with buying something at a fair market price.

My favorite thing to do on ebay: if you are interested in something... do a search for it, then check the box on the left "completed items." This is one of the best ways to check what that item has sold for in the past, and how plentiful they are. Ebay rocks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts