Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You every have one of those days, that, with the greatest intentions of accomplishing something on your tri-5, everything you touch seems to make it worse. In one day, I tried to replace the latch support for the hood, place the replacement boot around the heater blower,replace the springs and the hood latch, adjust the hood alignment, and a couple of other easy fixes. So I thought! The spring on the latch was uncooperative(took anHour),the boot still will not line up right and stay on(another hour), the latch support was aggravaiting to get back in, trying not to scratch anything (2 hours) In trying to line up the hood and loosing the bolts, I loosened on too much and it fell out. Falling not on the groung, OH NO, it had too fall between the frame and the wheel shroud. Even my magnet grabber fell apart trying to get it out. I finally got smart enough to jack the car up and got enough clearance to retrieve the bolt.(2 Hours) At least the hood shuts now. Just one of those days. Dennis

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
You have to realize when it starts it is gone for the day so you may as well sit back and relax. I've been finding that it seems to be more apt to happen when I sleep later than normal. When that starts to happen just walk away and try some other time.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I wasn't having one of those days today where everything was going wrong, but for some reason I just didn't feel like working on the car...blasphemy, I know! So, I got doing a little bit and it worked into getting my front wheel cylinder off and getting it cleaned up. I stopped at that point just because I still didn't "feel" it! Not a total loss, but kind of disappointing to NOT want to work on the car. Hope the feeling comes back soon, like tomorrow!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, after coming home from vacation to vegas and playing a round of golf and throwing some darts. Then driving my 57 to my buddies house for a miller lite, life was good again, except for blowing a fuse from hooking up the heater blower. I LOVE MY 57.

·
Administrator
49,668 Posts
My "one of those days" was last week when i found the 3 spots on the driver qtr of the 57 were the paint was lifting. I`ve been so P O`ed ever since i can`t even make myself go near the thing. It`ll get better in a few days i hope.
Terry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts