Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to install my speedometer last night. I noticed a lot of the wires had melted insulation. I spent three hours soldering in wires to replace the bad lenghts of wire, good thing I kept the harness out of a Monte Carlo I parted out. That way I could cut out good pieces of the same colored wire. Once that was done, I decided that now is the best time to paint the dash. Soaked the dash with stripper and started priming around noon. Now I'm just waiting for paint to dry, so I can topcoat. This could go on all night now, since I'm going to paint a silver band through the center and clearcoat. That speedometer might get put in by the time it starts raining tomorrow. Oh well, at least I'll be looking at a nice dash this summer.:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
49,367 Posts
Thats the way it always seems to go, one thing leads to another. As least you didn`t end up like mine, my one thing led to the whole car being disassembled. Oh well. Good luck with your dash.Terry.
http://members.cardomain.com/chevman57

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just figured I'd post pics of the only just about finished thing on the car so far. Looks like the floor needs a good scrubbing. I figured I'd work from the front to the back on the inside first. I know you guys like pictures, I'm planning on making a guage pod for a radio delete plate. If you guys have any thoughts, let me know. I hate finishing a project and realizing I should have included something else before I painted or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.