Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first start driving my 56 150 the right front brake will lock up very easily and the car pulls hard to the right. After driving a few miles and making a few stops that all quits happening. What is causing this and what is the fix.The brakes are plain and simple stock brakes, no power.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Could be the wheel cylinder starting to leak a little brake fluid...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the wheel components

I checked the shoes and cylinders to make sure that nothing was leaking and that the shoes, etc. all look fine. :eek:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Sometimes the brake hose detoriates on the inside. I think I would consider that.

·
Registered
895 Posts
When I first start driving my 56 150 the right front brake will lock up very easily and the car pulls hard to the right. After driving a few miles and making a few stops that all quits happening. What is causing this and what is the fix.The brakes are plain and simple stock brakes, no power.
I had a F**D pickup years ago and it started doing that. It got so bad that I would have to open the bleeder fitting on the back of the caliper to get it to release. I replaced the caliper and was about to replace the distribution valve (factory proportioning valve I guess) and an old mechanic overheard me talking in the parts house. He told me exactly what the problem was and I replaced the $4.00 rubber brake line. It was breaking down inside upon brake application and forming a check valve keeping the fluid from returning to the MC......Bill

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,360 Posts
Oakley....Many times, when it pulls one way, its because the other side is not working....I would jack up each front wheel, spin the tire and have an assistant apply the brakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts