Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I lower my 55' another 1" in the front and 2" in the back I will have to replace my full length headers. Just would like to have some opinions on going to 3/4 length or block huggar headers or just using some good exhust manifolds?? What type or make of each? I'm running a mildly built 327.

TV

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I have full length and stock ride height, I think with 1" lower you might get a way with it but I wouldn't try going over any speed bumps. 3/4 would probably be the best bet, I'm kind of wishing I had but I like seeing the header underneath, has that old school look.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If ya want pretty,,or are trying ta build horse power ,headers are a must. If ya want simple and trouble free,run cast manifolds.
Block huggers just don't make the power to be worth it IMO.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have full length and stock ride height, I think with 1" lower you might get a way with it but I wouldn't try going over any speed bumps. 3/4 would probably be the best bet, I'm kind of wishing I had but I like seeing the header underneath, has that old school look.
I do agree, I like the old school look but I have already installed 2" dropped spindles. I already have a little trouble getting up my driveway so another inch up front will make it worse..!!
TV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts