Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just finished blasting my frame yesterday. I noticed the wear on the spring brackets and took photos of all 4 that hold the end of the springs without the shackles.

Front Right:

Front Left:

Rear Right:

Rear Left:

What do y'all recommend I do here? Advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
37,237 Posts
I would replace them if practical. Otherwise I'd grind the area smooth and weld in a washer of the correct thickness to restore the surface back to normal height. Easier said than done.

Looks like the holes are egged also. Ideally that would be repaired with a bushing, or replaced.

Get Bam's pieces and evaluate which way to go, but I'd put his on there.

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
I would say weld the hole shut and drill a new hole, but bye the looks of them they are cast?

Might be easier to re-drill and re-sleeve the hole like Rick L mentioned.

But then again, it looks like the brackets are just riveted to the frame, so it might be easier to pop the rivets and get Bamms set and re-install his...

Rick

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are concerned I think I have all four rear ones if you need them. They are yours for the shipping.
Wow!
PM sent.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for your help!

Turns out that Bam has the rear-spring front brackets but does not have the front-spring rear brackets. I'm going to get the rear ones from him.

So, I'm still in the market for front-spring rear brackets.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a photo:

I'm going to get the 2 rear ones (the 2 lower ones in photo) from Bam and I'm in the market for the 2 front ones (the 2 upper ones in the photo).

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Roger, I think I have the front ones if you still need them. I'm not sure what shape they're in but will check this weekend.
Jim,
Thanks. Yes I still need them. so I would really appreciate that.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Rodger
these are the one's i have!
Allen
Allen,
Those are way, way better than mine! A little wear but I think they will be perfectly fine. I'll take you up on your offer and thank you very much!
PM sent.

Btw, gotmotors did check out the front set he had and said that his were worse than mine. Wear on these brackets must be a very common occurance.

Roger

·
Registered
839 Posts
Roger,
Bam is Right, Pictures are the pay-back! BUT, i am going a little further, if i am ever in
your neck of the woods you are going to have to give me a RIDE in the Truck!!!! LOL!!!
That's if the Wife will let us!!!! ha ha
again very Happy to help you out.
Allen

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good looking out AZ58Cameo,
It looks like between us we have Roger straight. That's what its all about helping each other out. Roger the payment is pictures of course, keep them coming.
Roger,
Bam is Right, Pictures are the pay-back! BUT, i am going a little further, if i am ever in
your neck of the woods you are going to have to give me a RIDE in the Truck!!!! LOL!!!
That's if the Wife will let us!!!! ha ha
again very Happy to help you out.
Allen

Oh yeah, pics will be coming. I think you guys should know by now that I take pics of EVERYTHING. :sign0020:

Sure glad you guys saved this stuff!

Thanks everyone for helping me with this problem. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Roger, Sounds like you have some good offers to help you. If you were close by I would introduce you to a friend of mine that has a machine shop and he would build you some good bushings and press them in for you. I don't remember the name of the material but it is a bronze type of material with a lubricity built in to the material and it will extend the life of the bushing by many years of use. I am watching to see what you end up doing. Much success to you and the project.
Larry From Tulare, CA

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks to Bam and AZ58Cameo, I'm all fixed up!
I really appreciate it guys!

Here they are:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts